Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Multitabling Limit vs. Multitabling No-Limit...thoughts?

Over the last 6 months I have been multitabling 1/2 limit, then moving up to multi 2/4 limit. I have had a lot of success playing 4 tables at a time. With limit all of my decisions are made easier by know that I can only lose one small or big bet. This makes multitabling limit pretty easy, as it is kind of robotic.

Now then, I wanting to move over to the NL side of things. While I have multied NL (25) for over 5,000 hands for a profit, it is still a lot different than limit. Playing 4 tables of NL can be a bit much at times if you are in hands on 2 or 3 tables.

Basically I am just wanting to get thoughts on multitabling no-limit, and see if anyone has any tips. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Multitabling Limit vs. Multitabling No-Limit...thoughts?

after 75k hands of limit I was able to 5table without feeling like i couldn't keep it/was missing reads etc

after 20k hands nl i can 8table easily... a betpot script (allowing you to make all bets with your mouse) helps a lot though

general consensus is that multitabling NL is easier than multitabling limit (less decisions/hand), afaik sethypooh is the only player in the 2+2 limit forums that plays 8 tables or more while that seems to be standard for NL
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM

I agree with NL multitabling being easier than NL multitabling. Especially 6max.

According to 2p2 accepted knowledge you have to play at least 25/16 in lhe 6max to be profitable, and many of the good regulars say that 30/20 is optimal.

In NL 6max you can play anywhere from 15/12 to whatever for a good winrate, so you play less hands. In NL you also tend to fold much more on the flop (or somebody folds to your flop bet), so that really cuts into your decisions.

So in essence, NL is fewer hands with fewer but bigger decisions. The action also goes much faster in LHE (more hands pr hour).
Old 08-14-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with NL multitabling being easier than NL multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM

i think he was saying multitabling NL is easier than LHE?

i used to do 5 lhe (only 4 while on wsex) but it sometimes got hectic theres alot of decisions while in NL its mostly simple preflop and flop decisions with occasionally a real decision thrown in. But like with lhe u have to get comfortable, I started with 4 or 5 for a week then 6 then 7 or 8 now 9 or 10 i ll play but sometimes that gets hectic but the time button makes everything fine it seems.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Different beasts. As far as the mechanics, NL is far easier to multitable simply because you have so many fewer decisions to make - you're probably playing ~10% fewer hands (I play about 29/21 LHE 6max and about 21/19 NLHE 6 max). Additionally, you tend to have so many fewer decisions per hand that you do play.

HOWEVER, I find that there are far fewer 'tough' decisions in LHE - or if the decision is tough it's so close to neutral EV that it doesn't matter much. The cost of a mistake in NLHE is so much more that not getting the reads from observing your opponents in hands you don't play hurts. At NL100-200, this doesn't matter much, I suppose, but I'm guessing that higher than that, playing 'blind' by playing more than about 4-6 tables is going to get you in a lot of trouble,
Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM

I play FR, and multi-tabling FR NL is a breeze. I'm running 16/9 and crushing the tables.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:50 PM

NL multitabling is a lot easier because the hand is over preflop or on the flop waaay more times. Even when I 8-10 tabling I am rarely actually playing more than 3 hands even when running at 22/18 or whatever generic TAG I run at.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM

Okay, the main reason I was wondering is for reads. It seems harder to get reads for those big decisions in NL.

Also, I just picked up the new PNL book and I am about half thru it. I don't think I could ever think about some of the stuff they talk about playing more than 2 tables of NL. Of course, it may become easier to grasp as I finish the book and get some more NL experience.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 PM

I think limit is easier because you don't have to worry about bet sizing. Having to stop and type in a dollar amount is a pain in the ass, whereas in limit you just push the raise button and all your work is done.