Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 12-01-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: watch what the BIG GAME looks like

That first hand tilted the [censored] out of me. Obviously its 2-7 triple draw, though its hard to tell the way they only show 1 draw and the announcer says that they both have "an inside straight" at showdown.

Anyway when Barry shows they show a #4, 24567 and say that it beats Doyle who they then show turning over a wheel 23457 because "his inside straight is topped by that 5". [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] WTF is this guy talking about?

After watching it a few times it seems to me that Doyle actually had the #4 and Barry had the wheel but they showed them in the wrong order when they edited it together because they probably had no [censored] idea what they were looking at anyway. They only knew it was a big hand and people like DN were hooting and hollering about it.

You'd think a show that takes itself seriously would get people involved that have a hint of a clue about what was going on.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 AM

pretty rough but still v watchable. the commentator is a tosser though
Old 12-01-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously its 2-7 triple draw

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure they were playing single draw, as i dont think ive ever heard of a no limit triple draw game and nl single draw is as far as i know only played at the highest levels, but yeah the announcer had no clue, kinda cool to watch either way
Old 12-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Would have rather heard James Lipton narrate
Old 12-01-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very interesting doc. Had to laugh at how they called what we know today as fish and donkeys, producers and sheep. Somehow I don't think typing "stupid producer" in the chat box would be a satisfying as some of the things we see typed today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I think that's because they prioritized keeping the people who fed them in the game. As well as there being a slightly higher probability of getting shot or beaten when you say [censored] like that in illegal underground games.

In fact, they actually may have worked pretty hard keeping the guys with a lot of money and little card sense in the game, rather than out.

On the face of it, it does seem like a slightly better strategy than trying to get the rid of the people who gives you the moneys.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously its 2-7 triple draw

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure they were playing single draw, as i dont think ive ever heard of a no limit triple draw game and nl single draw is as far as i know only played at the highest levels, but yeah the announcer had no clue, kinda cool to watch either way

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked like limit to me, $4K/$8K.

I think they said the pot was over $80K at the end which I don't know how you'd get to in a single draw game. Also, at the end they say that "its another $8K" right before showdown which wouldn't really make too much sense as a river bet in NL with a pot of >$60K.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:40 AM

very nice post OP, makes a change from the usual NVG dross.

A bit annoying how episode 6 is cut short and no sign of part 7? I don't think it owuld ahve gone on much longer anyhow.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:46 AM

they do show the hands the wrong way round. i stopped watching after that hand cause it did [censored] annoy the [censored] out of me
Old 12-01-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they do show the hands the wrong way round. i stopped watching after that hand cause it did [censored] annoy the [censored] out of me

[/ QUOTE ]

there's medication available to help you cope better.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM

the fish wants a limit to what you can bet. but not these guy's. they're playing NLHE. they bet and chau draws one...