Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: New Article on Michelle Wie

[ QUOTE ]
Only problem is they don't have breasts

[/ QUOTE ]

The good news is that this means that at least Mickelson can always count on sponsors exemptions if his game really falls apart.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 PM

Delted my own dumb post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wrong question, but that's ok, i know you are afraid to honestly answer the actual question.

people like you are not real bright when faced like situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I answered the right question. You asked the wrong question. Do you hear any hate at all when she was given exemptions to the LPGA events? No. None. Because she could compete and almost won. The hate stems from her playing in PGA events where she has no chance, place or purpose other than being a freak sideshow.

Would even you not agree that she has no business playing in PGA Tour events? Because that's what this whole thing is all about. However if you think she should be playing in PGA events, then you also think it's OK for me to be playing in events such as the Kraft Nabisco.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. So she should accept the LPGA invite but turn down the PGA because she can compete on the LPGA but not the PGA, right? But YOU would turn down the LPGA but not the PGA? So it would be easier for you to compete in the Barclays Classic than the Nabisco?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wrong question, but that's ok, i know you are afraid to honestly answer the actual question.

people like you are not real bright when faced like situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I answered the right question. You asked the wrong question. Do you hear any hate at all when she was given exemptions to the LPGA events? No. None. Because she could compete and almost won. The hate stems from her playing in PGA events where she has no chance, place or purpose other than being a freak sideshow.

Would even you not agree that she has no business playing in PGA Tour events? Because that's what this whole thing is all about. However if you think she should be playing in PGA events, then you also think it's OK for me to be playing in events such as the Kraft Nabisco.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. So she should accept the LPGA invite but turn down the PGA because she can compete on the LPGA but not the PGA, right? But YOU would turn down the LPGA but not the PGA? So it would be easier for you to compete in the Barclays Classic than the Nabisco?

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the LPGA also state that you have to be female to play in their events?
The PGA does not have this rule.

BO, are you female?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:56 PM

Getting back on track, I've suspected for a long time that the main problem with Wie are her parents. I think that's why she is so eager to attend Stanford. It's a ruse to get away from her parents.

Think about it, most high school kids look at college as a chance to get out on their own. If Wie were to just go straight to playing professionally full-time she'd still be traveling and dealing with her parents. She sees college as a way to escape her parents, to get group of friends and to have some independence.

It's kinda sad really. At 17 she's kinda stuck with what she has and it's almost impossible for her to escape it.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting back on track, I've suspected for a long time that the main problem with Wie are her parents. I think that's why she is so eager to attend Stanford. It's a ruse to get away from her parents.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not even paying much attention to her anymore and this has a distinct whiff of Todd Marijuanavich / Jennifer Capriati. I think the odds of her succeeding at the pro level in the future is no greater than her being caught in a hotel with crack rock and a bagful of Big Macs.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Nothing screams dysfunction like going out of state to Stanfurd.

[ QUOTE ]

It's kinda sad really. At 17 she's kinda stuck with what she has and it's almost impossible for her to escape it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your powers of empathy are remarkable. I have a tough time feeling sorry for her. At the end of her current contract, she'll likely be in the top one or two all time earners her sport has ever see-- assuming she doesn't earn another contract. In 2006 she made twice in a two week junket to Korea what the leading money winner on the LPGA made on tour for the year.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:28 PM

Dear Michelle,

Let me know if you need a Stanford tour guide come October.

All the best,

Sucker
Old 08-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BO,

Bi-Tor is a professional troll. You are merely angry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ignore him for your own sake, he feeds on noob posters like you who don't know any better.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, thanks. I'll choose angry over troll any day. I'm not always angry, but I am passionate in my beliefs and will stand up for them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Both Phil and Monty could get lots of exemptions based on their breasts, no doubt.

Last I checked I was male.

I know the U.S. Women's Open has a clause stating you must be female at birth to compete, I'm not 100% about the LPGA Tour itself though it probably does have a similar clause.

Here's a thought along those lines, if the PGA invoked a clause that you must be male to compete, would that constitute gender discrimination? No doubt some would raise a fuss regardless.

If Wie gets her head together and starts acting like a professional and plays with her own gender, then I believe I could learn to root for her. The sad part is that she is probably acting like any other teenager but thrown into an adult world without the wherewithall to compete mentally.

BO
Old 08-21-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a thought along those lines, if the PGA invoked a clause that you must be male to compete, would that constitute gender discrimination? No doubt some would raise a fuss regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, knew this was where your ultimate issues was. of course it makes sense for the LPGA to limit, but not the PGA. The PGA is the 'open' division. The LPGA, juniors, Champions Tour, etc are the areas where those who cannot compete in the open division are able to fairly compete against their peers.

Put another way:
PGA = best golfers in the world
LPGA = best female golfers in the world
Champions = best 50+ golfers in the world

Do you really think it's discrimination to let Jay Haas play the US Open, but not let Tiger play the US Senior Open?

If someone is one of the best golfers in the world, they can play on the PGA Tour. And despite your whining about it, the sponsors get those exemptions to use as they see fit, within the parameters of reason. And Michelle Wie sells tickets, without which the sponsors go away, as does the PGA Tour. I'm sure your oh-so-qualified buddies can do Monday qualifying and get on, if they deserve it more than she does. If neither play their way on, then the qualifications of who 'deserves' a sponsor's exemption is up to the sponsor.