View Poll Results: white or dark meat?
white meat 88 46.56%
dark meat 79 41.80%
i like both almost equally 18 9.52%
i dont like turkey 4 2.12%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Official Mizzou VS KU football thread

agent fish, not trying to make excuses. As I said they clearly outplayed us. No one can question that.

I don't think you can say they were clearly better. Anyone who follows KU football knows Collins holds that line together and you could clearly see the guy could barely walk. Add in that Reesing wasn't able to be as mobile and it was a tough combo for that offense.

That's not an excuse. That's just football. People get hurt and it can kill you. Obviously Missouri had plenty of penalties as well but they probably don't add up to nearly as much as the injuries, picks, and FGs.

I'm not trying to say Kansas was better or would've won when healthy and with fewer mistakes. I'm just saying that it seemed pretty apparent to me that these are evenly matched teams.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to say Kansas was better or would've won when healthy and with fewer mistakes. I'm just saying that it seemed pretty apparent to me that these are evenly matched teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Few people outside of the state of Kansas agree with you.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 PM

I hate both teams, but based on just this one game I'd guess Mizery would win about 60% of the time.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 PM

I think the final score was closer than the actual competitveness of the game.
Mizzou definitely looked like the better team and if they had a rematch this week or next I would expect the Tigers would win again.
I really thought this game was going to be closer than it was and actually thought KU was a slight favorite but Mizzou absolutely looked like the better team.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Well I guess I am in the minority. Certainly we really struggled to stop them when they had the ball. But given the strength or our offense when healthy and their usually spotty defense I don't think it's a stretch to think that a healthy Kansas, or one with fewer mistakes, could've put up a lot more points.

I'm not trying to persuade the world, just giving my perspective. I understand how others could draw a different conclusion from the game.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 PM

Using the Assani Fisher method of analysis (i.e. just watching games and saying how I feel) I thought Mizzou was demonstrably better than KU. I have nothing against KU, they've been fun to watch all year but they seemed outclassed. I thought either of these teams was going to struggle mightily against OU but now I'm not so sure. Mizzou looked pretty good.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 PM

By the way, any "excuses" aside, I thought Anthony Collins performance was one of the gutsiest things I've seen in a long time. If you ever get the chance to see Kansas play live keep your eyes on #78. He's always the first down the field to celebrate a TD, he spends most of his time on the sideline jumping up and down (or he did, when he was able) and cheers like crazy. He has so much energy and love for the team, it's just amazing.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, any "excuses" aside, I thought Anthony Collins performance was one of the gutsiest things I've seen in a long time. If you ever get the chance to see Kansas play live keep your eyes on #78. He's always the first down the field to celebrate a TD, he spends most of his time on the sideline jumping up and down (or he did, when he was able) and cheers like crazy. He has so much energy and love for the team, it's just amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, and that's admirable, but why is that gutsy? Gutsy is playing with a separated shoulder or badly sprained ankle or broken hand or something. He just sounds like a guy with a lot of pep and energy.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:20 PM

Last night Collins was literally almost unable to walk at times. I guess I was a little unclear, I was just commenting on his typical demeanor prior to this last game.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Tough game to analyze imo. I also thought Mizzoo was the clear better team. Overcame penalties, some questionable calls, etc. However KU also missed 2 FG's & had at least 1 bad redzone turnover that I recall. Mizzoo is def. favored in a rematch but a different outcome wouldn't shock me.