Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Old 11-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Is Stoxpoker useful for a micro 6-max NL player?

Hello,

So I started playing NL 6-max beginning of this year. I started with $100 deposit on 2NL --> 5NL --> 10NL and now (depending on the site) 20NL or 25NL. I played around 110K hands and my BR is up to $1700 or so. I have read all I could find on the 2+2 forums, but still I feel "stuck" running at 19/16/3.5 and at a way too small winrate.

Is Stoxpoker a good option for me to improve my game? Or is it more for the SSNL and higher community?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Is Stoxpoker useful for a micro 6-max NL player?

I think it would help you a lot. I struggled with the transition past NL25 and got some private coaching. However, that coachign was from a NL200 mentality and it was still very helpful at the 25 games. Getting advice from better players will help you get over the hump, and a coaching site like Stox is the cheapest bang for your buck with training. What you will pay for 6 months there could easily not be enough to get 1 hour (100-200/hr easily) for a one on one session with a higher stakes player.

Regards,
+EV
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a go then.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM

I think you are making a great decision in giving it a go. I know I have personally made videos where I play micro stakes that are available for you to watch when you join. All of us have made several videos where we play micro limits and we talk about what type of style of play works best to exploit those limits. After watching a few of those videos you'll be beating up on thise guys in no time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Good luck.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 AM

As a member i have to say there is definately good information there. There are not many videos at $25NL but there is a good bit for $100NL. Ed miller just made his first video and even though your a winning player i would say watch it and rewatch it. Then definately watch all of leatherass' videos and stox micro stakes video. GL
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.
I registered at the site and browsed the site/forums a little bit. But I couldn't find any "where to start" guide.

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask, but is there some guide explaining where (which video's, the classroom?, ...) to start, being a micro NL player?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

So I started playing NL 6-max beginning of this year. I started with $100 deposit on 2NL --> 5NL --> 10NL and now (depending on the site) 20NL or 25NL. I played around 110K hands and my BR is up to $1700 or so. I have read all I could find on the 2+2 forums, but still I feel "stuck" running at 19/16/3.5 and at a way too small winrate.

Is Stoxpoker a good option for me to improve my game? Or is it more for the SSNL and higher community?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell ya what. I am going to make a micro limit video this week just because you said something. It will be posted with in a couple of weeks at most. Good luxk with your game and I hope the video hepls ya.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell ya what. I am going to make a micro limit video this week just because you said something. It will be posted with in a couple of weeks at most. Good luxk with your game and I hope the video hepls ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot, already downloading your 50NL 6 max NL vid about beating the micro limits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot, already downloading your 50NL 6 max NL vid about beating the micro limits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made your video for you today. Not sure when it will post, but when it does I hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:12 PM

OP, like i said ed millers video is probably a great place to start then any and all of leatherass' videos and stox has a few micro NL also. You will not be disappointed.