Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Westbrook & (pick one)
Droughns @ OAK 1 33.33%
L. Jordon v CLE 2 66.67%
Jones-Drew @ WAS 0 0%
T. Henry v DAL 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: HUGE BRAG: Wife Now In Heaven

yay for OP hes free again
Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Among the intellectually honest crowd, Jesus Christ is recognized to have never existed

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, a lot of very intelligent aetheists/agnostics beleive that Jesus existed (obviously they question his divinity). There is an awful lot of good evidence to support the fact that Jesus was a real man. If you want to make such a condescending post, at least get your facts straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an Atheist. I like just about anyone who doesnt live in a cave reading the Sun realises Jesus did exist (he almost certainly wasnt made up like, say, King Arthur or Robin Hood; there is just too much circumstancial evidence).

He was just a normal Palestinian guy who preached a bit of religion, hung around with a prostitute and got executed for his beliefs. Also, he probably had an Afro, as that was the common haircut of the time.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Among the intellectually honest crowd, Jesus Christ is recognized to have never existed

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, a lot of very intelligent aetheists/agnostics beleive that Jesus existed (obviously they question his divinity). There is an awful lot of good evidence to support the fact that Jesus was a real man. If you want to make such a condescending post, at least get your facts straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im an Atheist. I like just about anyone who doesnt live in a cave reading the Sun realises Jesus did exist (he almost certainly wasnt made up like, say, King Arthur or Robin Hood; there is just too much circumstancial evidence).

He was just a normal Palestinian guy who preached a bit of religion, hung around with a prostitute and got executed for his beliefs. Also, he probably had an Afro, as that was the common haircut of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 AM

Puppy Friday Yall,

What makes it more likely that your wife is in heaven rather than Islamic hell or Hades?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Puppy Friday Yall,

What makes it more likely that your wife is in heaven rather than Islamic hell or Hades?

[/ QUOTE ]She's a Mormon.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 AM

HAHAHAHAHA omfg i'm so glad this got dug up, this thread was amazing in so so so many ways
Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he is mostly referencing zeitgeist, and if zeitgeist is accurate in it's facts, states that there is little to no record of any major history of that period and area speaking of a "jesus" who performed miracles. the argument is that if someone were performing all the miraculous things, there would be a lot of people writing about it like the other notable figures of that era
Old 11-01-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he is mostly referencing zeitgeist, and if zeitgeist is accurate in it's facts, states that there is little to no record of any major history of that period and area speaking of a "jesus" who performed miracles. the argument is that if someone were performing all the miraculous things, there would be a lot of people writing about it like the other notable figures of that era

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, though Zeitgeist just relays information provided elsewhere. I wouldn't want to quote that as a source due to the nutty bits.

I just worded myself poorly, the character "Jesus" never existed as he is described by biblical texts. If he had, there certainly would be a number of non-biblical sources to site. There could be a man that existed that "Jesus" was later modeled after. To me it would seem more likely that he was sort of an amalgamation of a number of "prophets" that existed during this time period.

There are a number of internet resources regarding this, you can google "did jesus exist", "jesus didn't exist", etc. However, I'd just go here.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:06 AM

OP had a close relative die of breast cancer, so you have my compassion. Glad you have such a loving and optimistic outlook on the whole ordeal. And look past those who have decided to create a religous or spiritual debate about this. When it comes down to it, our values and beliefs are the most concrete and self governing aspects of life that we control and possess, regardless of what they are. Good luck and God bless.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 AM

LOL hilarious.... opening a thread about a guy's wife dying of breast cancer, then clicking page 15 randomly and seeing something like this

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude the guy posted in BBV, you expect me to take his post seriously only thing serious about this entire thread is the religion debate. Secondly most languages spoken HU FOR ROLLZ? I speak dutch, english, french and some german now you please? IQ test for rolls? Most money won thru poker for rollz? Oh no the guy made some spelling errors cause he didnt reread his work. Get clue dude seriously I would be amazed if you even spoke 1 language even remotely as well as I speak my 3 non native languages.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you twelve years old? You sure make Christians seem like pleasant sensible people.

I guess I can sleep easy at night now knowing that I share a similar view of God with the "ZOMG I SPAEK FUOR LANGUAG BERLITZ 4 ROLLZZ?!11" guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Euh you were the one here who started about my grammer errors, your just too ignorant to realise some people actually know some languages beside their natural language but might make some errors while typing them. You started it, I just swiftly finished it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard I guess?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]