Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: DC to Atlantic City Shortcut Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think it is crazy that there is no direct access from going north on either I-295 or the New Jersey Turnpike to get to the AC Expressway? One big highway crosses two other big ones, and they don't bother putting in ramps from either.

[/ QUOTE ]

From someone that works in South Jersey, take it from me that nothing the State of NJ does with their roads will surprise me. Really, I'm surprised there isn't a traffic circle between 42 and 295.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 PM

the only time I've been near 295, we took the wrong on ramp.

I am a big fan of the industrial park shortcut that Stevie G posted tho. EZPass, turnpike, and the shortcut is the only way I can stand to make it to AC anymore. Taking 40 into AC makes me want to stab myself.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:56 AM

Hey guys, I'm getting my itinerary set for when I go next time. How does this look for DC > AC?

http://tinyurl.com/2dmmk7
Old 08-17-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I'm getting my itinerary set for when I go next time. How does this look for DC > AC?

http://tinyurl.com/2dmmk7

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you found the industrial park short cut exactly the way that I take it.

+EV
Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 PM

I am going to try the route that takes you from 295 up 76 and then Uturns today.

I'll have a driving report later this weekend detailing how difficult it is and whether it is faster than the industrial park route.

+EV
Old 08-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Thx

Good luck in deleware
Old 08-25-2007, 01:57 AM

The exit 1C trick is the way Greyhound does it. It is also the way I do it.

After crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge, take 295 N towards Trenton/Camden. At milepost 25 or so get in the center lane. Follow the signs that say 295N/76W LOCAL LANES (Camden/Trenton). After the highway narrows to one lane, and joins the main lanes, quickly move one lane to the left as soon as possible (to avoid going to Trenton). Then after the 2 right lanes peel off to Trenton (295N), go about 1000 feet, cut across 2 lanes of traffic entering the highway, and take exit 1C. This all happens very fast, PAY ATTENTION. Turn left at the stop sign, go over the highway, take the 1st right which is 42S, after rejoining the highway, move a couple lanes to the left and follow the signs to AC.

On trip back, take 42N to exit 1C, cross over, turn right to get onto 42S. After rejoining the highway move all the way to the left to catch 295S (Del Mem Bridge).

Reviewing the satellite photos before trip will help you understand the lane changes.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:17 AM

coming from the DC area I always just take 95 over the DE Mem bridge to the NJTP to exit 3 (Blackhorse Pike, Stop at the wawa to fill up cheap gas) and then on to the NJ Expressway. Is the Benigno rd way really any quicker.

Going the way i mentioned usually gets me there in about 2.5 -3 hrs starting from the Bowie/Crofton area in MD.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the Benigno rd way really any quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen any traffic on Benigno. It dumps you off on 42 without messing with all the stoplights if you take Blackhorse all the way to the Expressway. I can't say exactly how much time it saves but I can say that after I took it the first time I never went the old way again.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the Benigno rd way really any quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen any traffic on Benigno. It dumps you off on 42 without messing with all the stoplights if you take Blackhorse all the way to the Expressway. I can't say exactly how much time it saves but I can say that after I took it the first time I never went the old way again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the time of day you hit it you can save 20 minutes easily. I do miss stopping at wawa, but I always take the short cut now.