Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 PM

Default AKs w donkbet

new table, no reads on villain, but in those couple hands he seem to be aggressive player, donking bets when he has any pair...

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.70 BB

Couse of his aggression i waited till turn to raise and surely i get 3 betted...
River i hate , i feel im beat but part from 22/44/specific Kx(would he cold called 2 bets with that ?!!)!!!

I really slaughter another hand
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: AKs w donkbet

raise flop.

as played, call down after turn raise i think.

w/ specific aggro read, raise riv, call 3-bet.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Why didn't you raise the flop? If he's an aggressive player, you can get more bets out of him this way. You are only afraid of AA,KK and so much of his range does not include these two hands.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:35 PM

RAISE FLOP!!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 PM

:g:
flop Is dry and BB cold 2 call so I put him on middle pair range like 88-JJ and suited brodways like KJs, QJs, AJs so he can bets FD or pocet pair.

1) If he is at FD and you will just c/c flop and if we assume he is aggressiv then wait until turn for raise make sense but problem is that we dont know if he has FD and if turn will be flush card so we dont know should we raise ...

2) If he has pocet so If we rasie its chance that he will fold and if he is agro then he will bet one more time at turn.
But here problem is if we raise flop then he can be loose enought to just call down and when we raise turn then he can correct fold with pocet.

Overall I dont know what is better :P Close decision?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 PM

*Groucho*

I'm raising the flop.
Since you didn't raise the flop the turn raise is fine. 3-bet sucks but whatever. River raise is probably ok. I'm just calling 3-bet though.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:59 PM

i know about my flop call, but i was kinda sure i had the best hand at the moment, so i didnt want to raise and put him in calm down mode... I wanted to take the max out of him...
now looking back it would be best to 3bet/call the flop and raise the turn..

guess i was thinking too much...again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you raise the flop? If he's an aggressive player, you can get more bets out of him this way. You are only afraid of AA,KK and so much of his range does not include these two hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys still taking this line with a "raise/bet or folder"?. You know, the guys that have AF of 10 or higher? I'm not saying that this is the case, because OP only says that the guy seems aggressive. But let's say you have like 200 hands at 22/10/10. If we raise, we might lose the guy right there on the flop...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM

river raise is so so so so so bad
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM

What is your range after you raise the river? Do you ever hold a hand weaker than AK there? If the answer is no, which I strongly suspect, then you shouldn't cap a 3-bet. Just call and thank your lucky stars if his hand reading is bad enough that he turns over a weaker king.

Note that a hand like A3 could easily be played this way by villain, especially Ah3h.

good luck.
eric