Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Decline of the Pokerstars 10/20

That makes a huge difference as to how profitable shortstack strategy is. If they're opening with weak hands, you have a chance to put in money in an inflated pot with a hand that will on average be stronger than the raiser's.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Decline of the Pokerstars 10/20

Besides the obvious that Stars doesn't have 25/50 games ergo I'm not doing it there? C'mon now Killah, you can make that short logical leap from there to my not being the reason Stars 10/20 is declining, which was the gist of the post I was replying to can't you? Think of it as the 2 inch logical long jump.

Frankly the LAG holier than thou, "that's not real poker" crap is really tiresome. Shorstacking is an easy exploit in the strategy if a LAG refuses to adjust to changed circumstances, if the rest of the circumstances at the table are worth the penalty of the -EV caused by the presence of the short stack, continue to do it but if it doesn't then it's a poor player who doesn't adjust correspondingly and I have no sympathy for those who don't recognize this out of some misguided "it's not the right way to play poker" fixation. Or in short, if it's a good enough strategy at times for Barry Greenstien, it's good enough for me occasionally too.