Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Is there my mistake?

Is there my mistake?
What do you think?
0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(9 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.10, <font color="grey">CO folds</font>, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets $0.20</font>, BB calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, <font color="grey">MP3 folds</font>, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.30) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, BB calls $0.40, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BU calls $2.00, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>.

River: ($6.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.65 (All-In)</font>, <font color="red">BU raises to $7.27 (All-In)</font>.

Final Pot: $21.02

Result below in white
<font color="white"> Villian had A4, str8 </font>
Old 07-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Is there my mistake?

raise the flop
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 PM

When Villain called on the flop it was 11big bets already in the pot, and he could call with 2. (5.5-1) Odds to hit are 12-1 for the inside straight draw, but thinking of implied odds, if SB bets his 2BB and BB and Hero call and turn that would make an additional 6 bb where he can get out or stay, and he has position here. This total makes 21 bb (counting his call on flop) to 2, or 10.5 very near the odds to justify.

Personally, I think you need to raise the flop to get your money. Inside straight draws are very near to 1/6 to get there by the river (16.5%) so I think you MUST charge him more. I would want to raise at least a little, to get more in the pot and getting on with, and also I never want to give someone the correct odds to draw out on me.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 PM

raise preflop (never open limp,especially not with a pp which can flop a pretty well disguised monster, if you haven't read this
then do. btw: read the whole unl essentials)

i also would reraise the flop, to know where you're at and to build the pot. also to avoid giving them the right odds.

a 2bb bet in such a pot is often a bet to let villain see the turn cheaply, cause the fear somebody might make a psb.

after that i think you would have a total different situation, with an easier decision
Old 07-25-2007, 08:00 PM

preflop is fine in a fullring game.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:36 PM

thought it was 6max...since this is a 6max forum i didnt really pay attention to it...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM

preflop is fine
flop: raise between $1.00 and $1.60
on those low limit games never give people odds to draw out on your trips!It costs you more than it brings up by slowplaying.

furthermore the river is very dangerous especially the way the hand is played. I would make a 2 dollar bet if I thought I would have the best hand. otherwise check and fold.