Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Running Backs (Pick 3)
Larry Johnson 18 33.33%
Willis McGahee 16 29.63%
Clinton Portis 1 1.85%
Thomas Jones 10 18.52%
Frank Gore 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: PPA should disassociate itself from scandal ridden CEO Poker tour

[ QUOTE ]

Does FossilMan = doublejoker? I am confused again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...did Greg just 'out' his 2p2 gimmick account??
Old 07-21-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I caught that, too. Thought I was seeing things at first.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:09 PM

No, Doublejoker is someone different who doesn't know how to use quoting features properly.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:45 PM

He just quoted Greg from a different thread guys. Relax.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, I'm a PPA member, since I get emails from them claiming that. I eagerly await the PPA response to this thread, but I also feel jaded that they would associate with people like this . Anything less than legal action would garner a no-confidence vote from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple points here. Lots of players associated with CEO PT also. And this missing prize money went on for several events before anybody noticed/spoke up.

Granted, the PPA should be held a bit more accountable for associating actions than should players and should be a bit more involved/aware of the business practices of organizations which they attach their name to. But at the same time, I think you can cut them a little slack in this matter. Their main goals right now are and should be to increase membership and to fight for a change on the internet front. One way to do this is to get more of a presence at events.

I certainly don't mean they should be absolved from any fault by their association with CEO PT, or that they should just walk away now that this situation has been brought to light. But if they can lend a hand in bringing this situation to a satisfactory conclusion, I think it is more than reasonable for PPA members to view their association with CEO PT as a forgivable mistake from a young association that seems to have good intentions. Hopefully, when this is concluded, the PPA will see this as a learning experience.

Note to Greg/PPA: I also think this is a great opportunity for the PPA to step up and show how great of an organization it can be for the time going forward.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, I'm a PPA member, since I get emails from them claiming that. I eagerly await the PPA response to this thread, but I also feel jaded that they would associate with people like this . Anything less than legal action would garner a no-confidence vote from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple points here. Lots of players associated with CEO PT also. And this missing prize money went on for several events before anybody noticed/spoke up.

Granted, the PPA should be held a bit more accountable for associating actions than should players and should be a bit more involved/aware of the business practices of organizations which they attach their name to. But at the same time, I think you can cut them a little slack in this matter. Their main goals right now are and should be to increase membership and to fight for a change on the internet front. One way to do this is to get more of a presence at events.

I certainly don't mean they should be absolved from any fault by their association with CEO PT, or that they should just walk away now that this situation has been brought to light. But if they can lend a hand in bringing this situation to a satisfactory conclusion, I think it is more than reasonable for PPA members to view their association with CEO PT as a forgivable mistake from a young association that seems to have good intentions. Hopefully, when this is concluded, the PPA will see this as a learning experience.

Note to Greg/PPA: I also think this is a great opportunity for the PPA to step up and show how great of an organization it can be for the time going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric,

Thanks for a very cogent response. Also, I'd like to remind those expecting action from the PPA to realize we are an organization with a Board, all of us busy people who do it for free, and as such things can move slowly sometimes. The connection the PPA had/has with the CEO PT was done by our President without Board input, and thus happened more quickly. Now that the Board is aware of these concenrns about the CEO PT, we are getting involved, but things are not going to happen overnight.

Also, whatever my personal opinion is about how the PPA should deal with this, I can't make any promises. I'm only 1/10th of the Board, and the final decision might not be in line with my opinion. So, I've been trying to assure you that the intentions of the PPA are good, and that we want to achieve positive things. However, I've been trying to make it clear that what the PPA ends up doing might not be exactly what you, or I, would like.

Also, for those of you trying to contact me personally, I'll try to free up some room in my inbox here on 2+2.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 07-22-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No i cut and pasted his response from the other thread... sorry for the confusion
Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Is there any truth to the rumor that the CEO Event sheduled for August at the Venetian has been renoved from their listed schedule on the internet?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any truth to the rumor that the CEO Event sheduled for August at the Venetian has been renoved from their listed schedule on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the site is this link

CPT CUP at the Venetian --Aug 29-Sept 9

Think you have what it takes to be the Chairman of Poker? Aug 29-Sept 9 play for the crystal cup, bracelet, cash, and bragging rights.

When you click on it the next event shown is at Caesars November 26 to December 3

CEO POKER TOUR CHAIRMAN OF POKER

Caesars Palace
(Las Vegas)

Sponsored by
High Limit Magazine (highlimitmagazine.com)

Mason, do you know anyone at High Limit Magazine? They may not want to sponsor this event after whats gone on so far....
Old 07-22-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason, do you know anyone at High Limit Magazine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never even heard of High Limit Magazine. There is a High Roller Magazine but I'm pretty sure that's something completely different. Anyway, I clicked on http://highlimitmagazine.com/. It's interesting, and I'm sure that a few of you may want to comment on it.

Best wishes,
Mason