Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know man, stars has donks all day long. whether they're european, american, or asian, i can find some pretty big fish at the 25nl and 50nl tables any time of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, thats why i want to mine 100nl before i move up.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:35 PM

I play two sessions on Sunday night. First one I am playing 8 tables and lose a >400bb pot where I flop a set and turn a boat and we get it in on the turn and he riveres a higher set. Then later have another set over set hand. Wind up down 6 buy ins for 1000 hands. I wait an hour till midnight and start fresh and play 6 tables run decently well and make all the money back plus a buy in in 650 hands. I get irritated with myself that I cant seem to have a heater unless its directly after a losing session. Maybe I am more focused but I dont feel that I was playing bad in the first session, maybe 6 tables is the way to go, but I think I am losing some value there by not playing 8. Ideas comments suggs?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Yesterday went to go look at a car. I got lost, got a speeding ticket. The car was kind of beat up had a lot of miles and they wanted about $100 extra per month than I was willing to pay. I didnt play any poker yesterday, waste of a day. I was totally irritated with myself for not getting the car, but the salesmen were shady and on the passanger side you couldnt buckle the seat belt without pushing the button first.
I am glad I didnt buy that car but still irritated that I have to drive my truck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I told the guy at the lot that I expected the seat belt to be fixed along with a few other small things, and this is word for word what he said to me, "Thats why they call it preowed brother" LOL I should have punched him in the face.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow playing when tired and not concentrated is big time -EV. Tilted of 2BI in 500 hands. Not playing again today [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much. i used to play at work while i had [censored] to do, and i quickly realized i was playing like a moron. i also play like [censored] whenever i'm high and tired, but high and rested (a rare combo) is +ev. though in general i'd rather be sober while playing.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know man, stars has donks all day long. whether they're european, american, or asian, i can find some pretty big fish at the 25nl and 50nl tables any time of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about stars. I just think because fulltilt allows RB and there's less players that there is less fish over all. However I just played a couple hundred hands and there were two decent fish at both of my tables. my biggest issue right now is not the types of people I'm playing against but me. I seem to have gotten into a rut of not thinking through every action on every street and that is a death sentence due to some of the stuff I try post-flop.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:16 PM

sighh the bbv end of the month grapsh always make me so depressed to see
Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 PM

mine will make you feel better

Edit: Hint, I have made more in past 300 hands then in the past 11500 lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to those that don't read forums higher up, read limon's posts in this thread:

here

[/ QUOTE ]

So in addition to my regular job I own a small business as well. Best purchase that I ever made. The key to it is not that it can generate revenue as I actually make more annualy at my day job. Where the small biz kicks ass is that it has an unreal hourly rate...for every hour I spend thinking/working/doing anything on that business I get a massive return, much larger than my day job.

The key to financial success is to either leverage a product or service such that the hourly return is good. For example , to own a small restaurant and be the cook is a disaster - at this point you do not own a business, but rather you are a working stiff with WAY more responsibility, so your hourly rate is going to suck complete ass. You want something that allows you to be free enough to explore more income generating opportunities or enjoy the income that you have.

I guess the same would be true for poker players as well. To have to rely solely on your grinding would be an issue. I mean, even people like Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, Phil Hellmuth, Annie Duke, etc.. that have more money than God are spending their time writing books, starting poker rooms, etc. - so despite the fact that these guys/gals play 4k/8k poker at the Bellagio they are still exploring other avenues.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So in addition to my regular job I own a small business as well. Best purchase that I ever made. The key to it is not that it can generate revenue as I actually make more annualy at my day job. Where the small biz kicks ass is that it has an unreal hourly rate...for every hour I spend thinking/working/doing anything on that business I get a massive return, much larger than my day job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes the drugs racket sure is lucrative
Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes the drugs racket sure is lucrative

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha...that or bookmaking. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I actually own a little restaurant (Fish & Chips), j00 h8'r. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Since you mentioned drugs, it made me think of this book I once read called "Freakonomics". In one of the chapters the author explores am inner city gang that deals drugs in like Chicago I think it is. It is really cool, because they reveal that it is basically a pyramid scheme in which the dudes on top make like $500k a year (tax free) and the little street thugs selling the stuff on the corners make minimum wage. Obviously there are levels in between, but it is really interesting how that all shakes out.

If anyone is ever hanging out at a bookstore, take a few minutes to read that chapter, it is really wild stuff.
Closed Thread