Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Rapathy Golf (with video!)

So peter(apathy) and i were bored one sunny afternoon in vegas, while taking the day off not wanting to waste time on the 1500 event. most of the people from the house were still in the 5k plh tourney from the day before, but since we suck, we had time to kill. anyways, we decided to create a game, that we titled Rapathy Golf.

This game is just awesome. In our backyard, we have a pool, putting green, tennis court, and huge couryard area. the putting green is conveniently in the middle of everything, but near the water hazard (pool). the game is played by throwing a ball from the putting green anywhere in the compound. then we go off to find it, and proceed to use the putter to get it back to the hole any way possible, without moving any of the obstacles in the way, including chairs, water guns, and the occasional empty beer bottle.

We started off throwing the ball into the grass pretty close to the putting green. we both 4 putted it into the hole, so we got a bit more adventurous. next game, i chunked it over the fence into the driveway, and it got stuck behind a tree and apathy's car. apathy won this game by a single stroke, and it came down to the wire and hit a ridiculously lucky shot over the steps without getting it into the pool. I managed to scoop the ball onto the roof in an attempt to get it over the steps, and had to find a ladder to get up there and chip it off. Was a very tough and very close game.

Hole 3 involved throwing the ball onto the tennis court. this one got fun right off the start, as i tried to scoop the ball over the fence, and wasted 3 shots before i gave up. Apathy took the safe approach and hit it through the gate, and into the courtyard. From there, he decided to wind up, and actually hit it over the house, and it ended up near the street. He burned 16 shots total for that one, and I only used 14 to book my first win.

The fourth hole peter decided to chunk the ball onto the far roof, so we had to climb our way up there. The shot off the roof was pretty difficult because it was stuck behind the air conditioning unit, so we had to lay up, then chip it off the roof onto the putting green without getting it in the water, or suffer a 2 stroke penalty. Obv my shot banked off the house and bounced into the pool. I ended up losing by a single stroke again, 8 to 7, and apathy won our race to 3.

The best part about all this though, came when trying to get down from the roof on Hole 4. my ball was in the center of the deep end of the pool laughing at me, and we were on the roof. Both apathy and BigT bet me at 2 to 1 on a hundo each that I couldn’t jump off the roof, into the pool, holding my golf club, at the same time as peter, and fish my ball out before I came up. We decided to get a video of it. This was the first time apathy or I had tried to jump off the roof into the pool. Im a huge puss I suppose in things like that and don’t really like putting myself in situations where I can crack my head open, but I had a bet to win.

Points of interest in this, is apathy being scared up there. Big t saying ‘no ball no ball’ while Im still under water. Apathy saying ‘I told you it wasn’t 5 to 1’ (I pushed hard for 5 to 1 but no takers). Apathy drying his feet on my 200 that bigT threw on the ground for me. That’s about it, I thought it was funny and had a good time doing it, hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geMFrNcxVQo

Also, we will be taking all comers and challengers to games of Rapathy golf, and welcome you over to the compound. Apathy is currently the champion of Rapathy golf, but that could change very soon. Game one down, many to go. also, i set the over under on how many gay jokes we get at 15. i take the over.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Rapathy Golf (with video!)

Stop being so gay, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 06-10-2007, 12:53 AM

couldn't really see what you were doing when you reached over. is there a better angle?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:53 AM

3rd

uhh more videos

wheres the putting green

what did u accomplish by jumping in the pool and holding up a golf ball... am i the only one thats lost? seems like a fun game if you're drunk
Old 06-10-2007, 12:55 AM

Nice.

How much was the bet for?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

what did u accomplish by jumping in the pool and holding up a golf ball... am i the only one thats lost? seems like a fun game if you're drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the damn story at all?

Propbet ldo.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:58 AM

david,

this jump has yet to be christened at our mansion. you down?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
couldn't really see what you were doing when you reached over. is there a better angle?

[/ QUOTE ]

its ppv, sry.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 AM

clayton, sick setup, i like the grill right next to the pool.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice.

How much was the bet for?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha not much, i made 400 2 to 1 on 100 from peter and todd. i didnt know if i could do it so i dint wanna bet more and be sad, haha.