Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Winrate at 2/4?

Hey, I am about to move up from 1/2 to 2/4 and was just wondering what everyones average winrate at 2/4 is?

at 1/2 i average about 7 bb/100. but ive heard 2/4 is much tougher so just seeing how you all do and what is attainable.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Winrate at 2/4?

7 ptbb/100 or 7 bb/100?

I had a 8 ptbb/100 last month (like 65K hands) and my last 100K hands were 7.15ptbb/100)
Old 08-23-2007, 03:12 AM

not sure what the difference is. in my poker tracker in the bb100 column my average is 7ish for 1-2 over like 20k hands
Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 AM

bb is big blinds, ptbb, is 2 big blinds. It makes a huge difference.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 AM

i doubt there are 3 people on this forum who can post a 2/4nl winrate of 6ptbb+(12bb) over a meaningful sample size (250k+ hands). of course there are people who probably could win at this rate but move up well before they play this many hands, but the cold hard truth is that not many people are good enough to stay at such a rate in the long term for various reasons.

fwiw, i run at 3ptbb over 140k hands at 2/4nl so far.

nb: the 250k number is my own opinion based on my playing experience and from reading comments of other more experienced posters.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 AM

nah way more than three. you are vastly underrating the good 10/20 and 5/10 regs, if they played 2/4 they would [censored] kill it. 7ptbb is definitely possible but noone has the discipline and bankroll nittiness to actually sit there doing it for enough hands to prove it. i'm sure i could win 7 if i didn't 12 table and mix in other limits as a higher priority.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i doubt there are 3 people on this forum who can post a 2/4nl winrate of 6ptbb+(12bb) over a meaningful sample size (250k+ hands). of course there are people who probably could win at this rate but move up well before they play this many hands, but the cold hard truth is that not many people are good enough to stay at such a rate in the long term for various reasons.

fwiw, i run at 3ptbb over 140k hands at 2/4nl so far.

nb: the 250k number is my own opinion based on my playing experience and from reading comments of other more experienced posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really want to try and do this.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nah way more than three. you are vastly underrating the good 10/20 and 5/10 regs, if they played 2/4 they would [censored] kill it. 7ptbb is definitely possible but noone has the discipline and bankroll nittiness to actually sit there doing it for enough hands to prove it. i'm sure i could win 7 if i didn't 12 table and mix in other limits as a higher priority.

[/ QUOTE ]

but thats what im saying. there would be plenty who in theory could do it, its just that there's bugger all who actually have done it. so in relation to OP's question if he wants actual evidence of big winrates over large samples hes gonna struggle to find it. although i agree with your point that there would be a fair few who could beat 2/4 for more than 6ptbb, so i guess OP can take that fwiw.

also i def dont underrate the good 5/10 and 10/20 regs, thats why i stay far away from those games, at least until i learn how to not suck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but thats what im saying. there would be plenty who in theory could do it, its just that there's bugger all who actually have done it. so in relation to OP's question if he wants actual evidence of big winrates over large samples hes gonna struggle to find it. although i agree with your point that there would be a fair few who could beat 2/4 for more than 6ptbb, so i guess OP can take that fwiw.

also i def dont underrate the good 5/10 and 10/20 regs, thats why i stay far away from those games, at least until i learn how to not suck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
completely agree
Old 08-23-2007, 06:29 AM

well yeah obviously i agree with all that but you said "can do it" not "have done it".

re op: this is for the year, i was at about the same clip from august-dec last year also

i actually don't think 250K hands is a big enough sample size though. i broke even for 50K hands recently which dropped this from low 7.X when i was at $100K, so there are still fairly significant fluctuations after this many hands. anyway like i said i 11-12 table and mix limits, and there are a bunch of MSNLers that are def better than me, so it's beyond "possible".