[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ask her out at the end of the 1st date

i didnt see that part. dont do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree, if a date went fine/good, say "hey lets do x next week" for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, this is one game i will play w/ them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm still feeling like games have to be played after a first date, I'll usually figure that's a sign I should take my business elsewhere.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Yahoo.com\'s 13 keys to a Perfect First Date

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm still feeling like games have to be played after a first date, I'll usually figure that's a sign I should take my business elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kind of stupid, no one knows enough about anyone after a first date to deem whether you need to keep some cat and mouse. this is comming from someone who has longer than average first dates than most people
Old 06-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Maybe you just don't read people well. Or are more uptight and less straightforward.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you just don't read people well. Or are more uptight and less straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

blarg, Im not arguing with you becuase you never yield an inch, even when you are wrong, and you probably wont even on something as subjective as this. 90% of girls do not want someone that is over-eager and asking for dates as you drop them off at the door that night/the next morning. I really hate the way you argue with people and it makes me like your posts less, so Im not going too. I will agree to disagree w/ you.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 PM

vehn+guids,

I think both of you can be right. You don't want to come off as needy per guids' point yet at the same time if things are going well it's probably never *that* bad a time to mention fun things the two of you can be doing/do in the future together (2nd date).

Generally I think most guys would do better to simply not bring it up at the end of a date and mention a second date type thing in a follow-up call or text.

Yugoslav
Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 PM

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black lol. Guids, you say something is subjective then claim to have the only answer and that what I say is "stupid" and you're sure how 90% of girls respond.

You're way emotional and that's getting you way off base. Don't try to put that all on me.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 PM

btw disagree about the games stuff, until a girl is officially your girlfriend you are always playing games i.e. the "I need you less than you need me" games.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw disagree about the games stuff, until a girl is officially your girlfriend you are always playing games i.e. the "I need you less than you need me" games.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, thats my main point from my experience, hence why I think blargs reasoning is "stupid". He may have found a vortex of chicks though that say what they mean all the time, and are upfront right away w/ their interest, if so, salut.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:19 PM

This is one of those things where people talk about what they have to do, but really they're just talking about what they feel comfortable doing or want to do. But people love creating victimhood scenarios.

I think as you get older you do this less and less, both because you start to like different kinds of women and because you do a little growing on your own.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I never set up another date at the end of a date. It's not to play games, but because I genuinely don't know. I mean, at the end of the date I "know" I want another one, but that's because I'm having lots of fun and there are good emotions yadda yadda. I like to give myself a day or two to settle down, process things, and think about whether or not I really wanna see that chick again. This is mostly because I haven't had a bad first date in a really really long time...it's not like I'm a pro, but it's pretty hard for me not to have a good time. But it's take some time for me to figure out how much I really enjoyed her company as opposed to whether I just had fun myself and she happened to be there.

Also I think this might vary based on age. My mom dates guys and she absolutely hates it if they go out on a date and he doesn't plan something that night. Or if he doesn't call for three days. And it's not the kind of hate where she's all confused and loves it when he finally calls...it's the kind of hate where she just won't talk to him. I've got a couple older (40+) single friends and that seems to be common among them. They also get more deeply involved more quickly. Seems like they all take a "cut the [censored]" attitude towards dating.