Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: 3-bet.net coaches

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
asuming one is a winning 2/4-5/10 (5ptbb/100)player over a big sample size, who and for how long would you recommend for 25/50?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if anyone responded to this (this is a LOOOONG thread) But are any of the coaches worthwhile for a 5-10 winner who is looking to become a BIGGER winner at 5-10, and move up to 10-20? I'm kind of speaking from ignorance hear, but I got the impression that a lot of these coaches specialize in turning .50/1.00 nl players into winning 2/4 nl players - which is a whole different ball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much where I am at and Krantz has made me a million times better sometimes without even having a coaching session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? So he coached you? I'm confused.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:19 AM

is coaching me still. my english sucks.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no it doesn't, your post was perfectly understandable...
Old 08-08-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much where I'm at now. Over a significant sample I expect my winrates at 2/4 to be 5ptbb, 3/6 4ptbb, 5/10 3ptbb, but thats with good game selection. If I really wanted to take my game to the next level I need to learn how to crush the regs at these limits and on up. I want to be like cts or krantz and sit down at any game and know I'm a pretty big favorite over the competition. Who do you think would be able to that?

Edit:

Also want to add an observation on the current state of online poker that it is becoming increasingly hard to move up to 10/20+. It just seems like there are so few fish and so many good regs that the days of sitting in a good 10/20 or 25/50 game and eventually easing yourself into the limit are gone.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 PM

Figure ill post this and hope for some good responses. I ended up doing an hour and a half session about 3 weeks ago with one of the 3bet coaches at 200nl. It was a good session, not great, but i thought that it showed some serious promise and he could help developed my game. I fully intended on resuming with this coach a little more than a week later (I had knee surgery so couldnt schedual a specific date at the time), and in the mean time, he suggested that free of charge I could send him any hand histories which i wanted some feed back on and he would try and respond to me. Well in the last three weeks i sent him a whopping TWO hand histories, one of which, after thinking about it, I told him not to respond to, he actually never responded to either of the emails. I dont hold it against him as any number of things can get in the way of him responding, but i do feel slightly disrespected and it compells me to take my business to another coach. What i am looking for is developing a student mentor relationship, not a slutty little one night stand. What I want is to do business with someone who is actually interested in helping me develope my game over some extended period of time in exchange for an extended commitment from me to use them as my coach. I am currently comfortable with 100 to 150 an hour (maybe 200) and would like coaching at 1-2nl with the intention of moving up fast. If you know anyone that you think would be a good fit, or if you yourself are a coach, please feel free to send me a PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 PM

could you tell me who is available in boston? thanks.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:20 PM

Jay, why dont you just repost the list with the coaches lined up against the cities? I don't think it would kill anyone for the internet to know which city they live in...

edit: I hope i'm right about this, bec it's already too late for me and i'd hate to die at the hands of a disgruntled philly stalker
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jay, why dont you just repost the list with the coaches lined up against the cities? I don't think it would kill anyone for the internet to know which city they live in...

edit: I hope i'm right about this, bec it's already too late for me and i'd hate to die at the hands of a disgruntled philly stalker

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in Philly up until mid-june. I guess thats good for me as you might have stalk-killed me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 PM

can i just watch really good players play for hours ? how much does that cost ?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in Philly up until mid-june. I guess thats good for me as you might have stalk-killed me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd you do, hop the train to AC?