Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Default CCNA semester 2 questions

I am studying for the semester 2 final exam and I have a few questions that I am going to post here and hopefully someone can help me out.
What router component stores the information displayed in the show arp command? Is this RAM? In the readings it only says the show arp command shows the routing table. If I remember correctly the routing table is stored in RAM. Just wanted to make sure though.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: CCNA semester 2 questions

No, sh arp does not show the routing table, it shows the arp table, you are mis reading that, L2 versus L3.

Yes, the arp table and routing table are stored in RAM. So are the connections in a FW IOS.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:07 PM

BTW, checkout groupstudy.com, it is the or at least was when I was chasing certs, the best online Cisco study site. Lots of gurus there answering questions.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:54 PM

ahh ok yeah that makes sense. Thanks for the help and the site I will definately check it out.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:53 PM

This practice question is confusing me just because of the way that it is worded.

If a PC does not have network connectivity to a router, which router port can be used to establish communication?
A. VTY
B. Serial
C. Ethernet
D. Console
Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This practice question is confusing me just because of the way that it is worded.

If a PC does not have network connectivity to a router, which router port can be used to establish communication?
A. VTY
B. Serial
C. Ethernet
D. Console

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to break these types of questions down... What is the subject of the question, the router. What is the information given, no network on a PC, aka no Ethernet and no sync serial.

So with the information given we can eliminate C.

We can eliminate B as B is a technology that the PC does not support, remember the subject of the question is the router.

What is a VTY "line" in a Cisco used for? Telnet right? So we eliminate A because we have no network connectivity.

So that leaves the only answer that can be possibly correct as D, the console port.

When you get to working on Cisco certs, you have to think thru the questions carefully. They are often dependent on knowledge not necessarily related directly to the question.

My approach to taking cert tests...

1) Do I know the answer right off the bat? Yes mark it and move on.

2) Is the question complex? If yes and #1 is yes, did I slow down and reread the question, did I correct understand it? If yes move on, if no, break it down.

Breaking down the question.

Every question has a subject. Define the subject first. In your example question it is the router.

Every question will provide information. Sort it out in relation to the subject.

Every question hints at an intention. Try to figure out what it is.

Since the vast majority of your questions are going to be multiple choice, validate each offer of an answer against the information and subject, and if tricky the intention of the question too.

Following that "formula" and you will do well on the tests if you have learned the subject matter.