Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Simple collection pot hand

6 handed 60. Collection pot. I am UTG with KJs. Time is $12 per player so if I win the pot I have to pay $72. I fold?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Simple collection pot hand

If you win the pot and a flop is seen, right? Or if the pot is > XBB (5 usually)?

I'd usually fold but sometimes I raise a lot in time pots when I note everyone is just foldfoldfolding and the conditions aren't super stringent.

Rob
Old 09-30-2007, 01:46 AM

Pot has to be at least 5BB. I think I'm gonna start to pay my own time in 60 because a lot of the time everyone turns into a straightforward nit. Obviously there are times when the idiots just keep on trucking and I should let them pay it but I'm honestly surprised how often some of the obviously mentally disturbed players will actually try to avoid paying collection. As soon as it's paid they'll gladly pay 4 cold with 65o to see a flop but there's no way they'll get involved in a situation where they'd have to pay collection without a real hand.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot has to be at least 5BB. I think I'm gonna start to pay my own time in 60 because a lot of the time everyone turns into a straightforward nit. Obviously there are times when the idiots just keep on trucking and I should let them pay it but I'm honestly surprised how often some of the obviously mentally disturbed players will actually try to avoid paying collection. As soon as it's paid they'll gladly pay 4 cold with 65o to see a flop but there's no way they'll get involved in a situation where they'd have to pay collection without a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I usually just pay my own time in these sorts of games, and I know exactly what you're talking about (the Bellagio 30 often plays like this).

Rob
Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 AM

5 BB thing protects you, raise it but if the rule were first flop I think folding is best. I never pay my own time but it seems reasonable just don't forget to raise every hand blind until its paid.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 AM

UTG w/KJs in a discounted pot if someone calls...fold it's just not worth being OOP w/a dominated hand here.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:26 AM

you fold, unless they're playing way nitty due to the time pot. in my experience, that doesn't happen at commerce. it could be raise in vegas if such a game existed.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you fold, unless they're playing way nitty due to the time pot. in my experience, that doesn't happen at commerce. it could be raise in vegas if such a game existed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I don't think these guys make much if any adjustment. As far as paying your own time I think that is a bad idea as well. Even if you play on the looser side of TAG, you will play fewer pots and pay less time than the the average player in this game.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:34 AM

I muck that hand. Nothing ruins my day like paying a time pot at the commerce.

My strategy for the Commerce 60 collection pot is to fold anything but AK, AQs, and JJ+. If I am UTG, UTG+1, or in the blinds I pay my own time. I loosen up considerably in the blinds when I have paid my own time.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I muck that hand. Nothing ruins my day like paying a time pot at the commerce.

My strategy for the Commerce 60 collection pot is to fold anything but AK, AQs, and JJ+. If I am UTG, UTG+1, or in the blinds I pay my own time. I loosen up considerably in the blinds when I have paid my own time.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're doing it depending on position, paying your time UTG and UTG+1 has to be a huge mistake.