Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Very Weird Hand X-Post from HSNL: Showing Love for MSNL

I call pf...but fold the flop

edited to say, I didn't see bet size vs. pot size ....call flop bet, see what happens...if he bet like $550 on the flop, then call pf fold flop.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HERO should have raised to 600-700 on the flop and if called be done w that hand...
the way it was played it is guessing game on the river and I don't believe there is an argument strong enough to make any play on the river distinctly better that another.

my guess would be ttt for your opponent tho

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason all i can think about when i read this post is lol donkaments, regardless of whether it applies or not
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Can't believe people think putting money in after being cold called is an option, I'm just c/fing anything unless hitting a J.

On the flop I think it's close between calling and folding, don't like the raise since you almost never get called by worse and there are 2 set-miners behind you.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:00 PM

Pre-flop is a very very standard call imo. sb's range is pretty tight here (AA/KK/AK/QQ)? I'd guess. I'd probably just fold on the flop if I missed my J. There are too many people in this pot... your hand is not best very often. I don't mind calling the flop bet either. Turn is a c/f, river is a c/f I wouldn't bet...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM

preflop call is standard

re: flop i never really minraise like this but i like it in this spot

i give up when overcalled and check it down. river if he bets a realistic amount i fold, but if he bets an unconvincing amount that doesn't feel right i call
Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 PM

I to think a preflop call is standard. And I like the flop play (altough my standard are to just call), thinking about it I actually don't think you should raise bigger, that way you would be good against about 6 combinations of hands in sb's pushing range (TT) in general. With this minraise I could easily see him make some dumb pushes. Definitely fold to action from the 16/11's like you said though.

BTN is a nit and he looks really strong, the only hands I could see you being ahead of are 67, TJ (both kinda unlikey, TJ even more soo obv) and TT. In my experience nits will generally not steal with a draw ip on the turn when you give up initiative oop (consider the fact that you yourself look kinda strong and I think it's kinda unlikely that they will try to steal), and they tend to want to showdown a hand like TT here. So I definitely c/f the turn. When he checks behind and the T hits you are beat by all the big hands he might have slowplayed, TT and 67. And again I think nits in general would never vbet a TJ here, so I would c/f again.

All in all a very interesting hand. The assumptions I made of nits general behaviour goes for 2/4, they might play different at 10/20 what do I know.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Default RESULTS

Yeah flop was probably slightly bad. I just didn't want to give up any free cards and I thought there's no way to do that without committing myself vs the preflop reraiser but in hindsight that's a mistake and I should play for pot control.

Anyway, on the river he checked back and I beat his TJs.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

ahnuld got it riiiiight.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:18 PM

JT is the only thing you beat, but it won't call a big bet or bet if you check to him so just c/f river is the right play.

preflop: fine
flop: i like, i think this is a special case and mostly the hand will play out the way you want it to after the minraise
turn: i think c/f probably, coldcalling is obviously really strong even though the bet sizes are kinda small compared to pot.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 AM

flop minraise is the nuts, it just freezes every bigger overpair up and essentially get us to showdown for that $440