Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Commerce trip on Wednesday

Hey I just got tickets to LAX for wednesday and I'm going to be playing at the Commerce for the WPT side action (i think). What games do they spread there and whats it like in general?? More importantly, I've never been to California before so what must I see, do , drink , etc while im there over the weekend?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Commerce trip on Wednesday

Search engine is your friend.

Largest card room in the world. Nuff said.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a search engine did not yield the limits spread (don't you think I thought of this already?) and it can't reproduce the collective knowledge of 2+2'ers telling me where to go in LA. come on now.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:42 PM

If you're coming to visit southern ca, then you should really do some site seeing and touring instead of wanting to play poker with a bunch of degenerate assholes.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're coming to visit southern ca, then you should really do some site seeing and touring instead of wanting to play poker with a bunch of degenerate assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]
yah thats what i want to do. im gonna play poker just a couple days because of the WPT. but sight seeing and stuff is my main focus. what should i do?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:08 PM

$1-2 LHE
$2-4 LHE
$3-6 LHE
$4-8 LHE
$9-18 LHE
$20-40 LHE
$40-80 LHE
$100-200 LHE
Sometimes higher.
$1-2 Stud
$2-4 Stud
$3-6 Stud
Higher limits, but I'm not sure what they are
$3-6 Omaha 8
$6-12 Omaha 8
$9-18 Omaha 8
Sometimes these don't go. Sometimes there are higher limits.
$20-40 Stud 8
100 max NLHE
200 max NLHE
400 max NLHE
600 minimum NLHE
5000 NL HE(I think)
Higher sometimes.

Other games sometimes, just depends, but these are the main ones. Commerce often has over 200 tables going.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a search engine did not yield the limits spread (don't you think I thought of this already?) and it can't reproduce the collective knowledge of 2+2'ers telling me where to go in LA. come on now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-12-2006, 09:53 PM

Don't forget the 60/120 that is going thanks to the tournament. Oh and 400/800 mixed if you get bored at those low limits Silkyslim. And last night a 100/200 blinds NL went.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-12-2006, 10:37 PM

Maybe go to the Getty if you want a break from the tables? It's pretty much the anti-Commerce. Great views of the city also.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget the 60/120 that is going thanks to the tournament. Oh and 400/800 mixed if you get bored at those low limits Silkyslim. And last night a 100/200 blinds NL went.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt waste my time at anything lower. thanks deathdonkey. wanna do cocktails while im there??
Old 02-13-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yah thats what i want to do. im gonna play poker just a couple days because of the WPT. but sight seeing and stuff is my main focus. what should i do?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's not to do? It's LA! I lived there for several years and never came close to seeing and doing it all.

Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, especially on weekends. Take a sweater. It's always chilly at the beach. Check ID if you meet a hot girl. If you don't see at least one movie star in one of the sidewalk cafes, you're not paying attention.

Universal Citywalk. Take the tour if you're into that kind of stuff.

Hollywood. Even after they cleaned it up, it's still bizarre, and overrun with tourists.

Pinks Hot Dog Stand on La Brea. If you don't see a movie star, you're not paying attention.

Beverly Hills. The hottest women modern medicine can create. Opulence everywhere.

West Hollywood (Sunset Strip, all the clubs, all the girls). If you don't see a movie star at Mel's Diner, you're not paying attention. I pulled in to the parking lot for a meeting at The Coffee Bean next door, and noticed about a dozen black Suburbans, all with paparazzi in them. I asked the guy I was meeting who was there. He said Winona Ryder was shoplifting next door.

Melrose. Truly weird. Where most of the young starlets shop for clothes.

Westwood. UCLA coeds by the boat load. Huge concentration of movie theaters. This is where the people in the business see their own movies. If you don't see a movie star in the lobby, you're not paying attention. When you see the big premieres on Entertainment Tonight, this is frequently where they are.

Century City mall. Scads of hot women. If you don't see a movie star, you're not paying attention, especially at the Stage Deli.

Burbank. Small town with three of the six major studios, and two of the three major networks. I used to see Jay Leno tooling around in one of his classic cars about twice a month. You can get tickets for the Tonight Show in advance.

Miles of surfing, even in the winter.

If you like art house films, there are at least 50 screens just for those, not counting hundreds of screens for regular movies.

Food. Any kind, any time.

The Getty, Miracle Mile, tons of cultural stuff.

Dozens, maybe hundreds, of small live theaters. See movie stars on stage and in the lobby.

If you want to see a taping of game shows or sitcoms, just Google for the ones you want, and you should be able to get tickets in advance.

Be prepared for traffic like you've never seen in your life. Rush hour is about 20 hours a day.