Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 04:25 PM

Default When you\'re feeling hungry

So I'm trying to lose about 10kg or so. I'm not overweight, I would just like to be super-toned and everything without being bulky. I'm doing some low-intensity cardio to burn fat and I do mix it up with a bit of high-intensity cardio. I'm also doing a little bit of weights and some pilates.

With that out the way, we can get to my question.

When you're feeling hungry...how can you tell if it's because your body needs food or if you're just craving something? (when dieting)

This alone makes dieting much harder than quitting nicotine for example. To quit nicotine is relatively easy - all you have to do is not have another cigarette. Dieting is like telling a smoker to cut down from 10 cigs a day to 5. He's gonna go crazy when it's 22h00 and he just wants one more before he goes to bed but he's already had 5. Much harder than cold turkey, speaking from experience.

Related question - Take a person who maintains a weight of 75kg. Introduce him to some low-intensity cardio 3-4 days a week. Does he start eating a little more or feel hungry a little more often to compensate for the extra energy he uses during the day?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: When you\'re feeling hungry

This is ghey.

Obv because you are measuring and timing your food and not eating off something like "feel" or some other silliness. Next question.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Because we're all robots, obv.

I get what you're saying, but unfortunately I'm not always in a situation where I can eat a 400cal meal or whatever. You can't always precisely calculate how many cal in a meal, can't always have your meals at the same time, etc. I don't always perform the same activities every day either, so it would make sense that my body requires different amounts of food on different days, right?

More opinions please.

Also any info on how to calculate how much energy exercise burns would be helpful.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 PM

I know I sometimes eat when I'm bored. I often need to do something with my hands too. So I'm not looking to eat per se, I just need something to do with my hands. I'll grab a toothpick or gum or chew sunflower seeds. There's some calories and fat in the seeds, but with having to shell them and crap it takes a while to ingest very many.

I also bite my nails lots, which is gross. I'm fidgety that way. Drives some people nuts.

You could also suck/chew on some ice cubes.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:57 PM

You're trying to lose 10kg and you're "not overweight"?????

O RLY?

I don't know of any people who aren't overweight that just want to drop 20 lbs. to look more toned. Unless you're like 6'6" or something.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:16 PM

I wrestle, so I lose a lot of weight. I lose 15 pounds a week. As soon as you tell yourself that you can't have something you are going to want it. When you start to get hungry just do something to make you forget.

If you still go to school, then just don't carry any money with you. Also, the first week or two of dieting are hard until your stomach shrinks.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrestle, so I lose a lot of weight. I lose 15 pounds a week. As soon as you tell yourself that you can't have something you are going to want it. When you start to get hungry just do something to make you forget.

If you still go to school, then just don't carry any money with you. Also, the first week or two of dieting are hard until your stomach shrinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way you lose 15 pounds a week.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People do this and more. Many pro boxers do this crap continually. Its uber unhealthy, but it happens.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

i've lost 13 lbs in a day before. wrestling makes you do funny things. like sit in a sauna with a garbage bag on.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

i've lost 13 lbs in a day before. wrestling makes you do funny things. like sit in a sauna with a garbage bag on.

[/ QUOTE ]

And get lots and lots of herpes?