Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Hedgie43\'s Rugby World Cup Picks

I like your Fiji bet a lot. I'm on Fiji +38.5, risking 1.2u to win 1u.

NZ-France -13 is good, although Muliaina at 13 scares me a bit. You'll be better off, IMO, if Carter pulls out with an injury.

England-Australia is pretty tough to call. England played a lot better against the Island teams but weren't under much pressure. I'll hold off on this until the teams are announced.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm going to pass on ENG/AUS. That could go either way on the day, and could easily be decided by the kickers.
I've taken NZ -5.5 1st half handicap at Party -111. If my beloved All Blacks go into the break with anything less, the world is not unfolding as it should.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 AM

Just put 2u @-110 on Scotland +14. I just don't see how they're 2 converted tries apart. In the last 5 years the biggest margin between the two has been 9 and Felipe Contepomi could be out with the flu which would be a huge blow to the pumas added to the fact that rain is forecast for saint denis on Sunday and i see it being a low scoring tight affair. Scotland ML at +450 might be worth a 1/2u especially if Contepomi doesn't suit up.

Shortened Version: Scotland +14 is my pick of the round.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 AM

Looking at the lines myself, England +13 at -110 is commonly available and I still don't like it, Australia are nowhere near as good as South Africa and aren't going to own us anywhere near as badly as they did, but I don't like our chances of keeping it close either. I might make a small play nearer the time dependent on some of Australia's injury doubts.

Fiji +35 -110 looks like cash money, I don't believe that there's five tries between the sides as long as Fiji can kind of keep their discipline.

Scotland +13 -110 is probably good if you say the conditions are going to be crap, they're nowhere near as good as the Ireland team that Argentina beat by fifteen and probably should have been on a plane home now but may be able to keep it close despite showing next to no attacking skill whatsoever and relying solely on the boot of Paterson.

Not touching NZ/France with a bargepole
Old 10-04-2007, 11:42 AM

I think this is the lock of the 1/4's. Now is the time to prove they are the deserved favorites. They will spank the French like a red-headed rented step-mule.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:00 PM

According to Weather.com, there is only a 10% chance of precipitation on Sunday so I don't see the weather impacting the game too much. This Scotland team is more than just Patterson's boot, though. The Lamonts are dangerous at the back and the Scots lineout is excellent. This has been a weakness for Argentina thus far and if Parks plays decently, the Argies will be under some serious pressure. The correct line for this game is 9, IMO.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is the lock of the 1/4's. Now is the time to prove they are the deserved favorites. They will spank the French like a red-headed rented step-mule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course they will
Old 10-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Unbelievable game. The tension was just incredible. Really liking my Argentina/Scotland/Fiji at +3300 now.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Can't believe South Africa are at evens on Betfair, that looks like huge value. There's not a market up for the semi yet but you can back England "to reach the final" at +220, which is sick value imo
Old 10-06-2007, 07:17 PM

Sixfour,

England +220 over France may be value but I don't think South Africa to win at +100 is. If they play France in the final, they will be close to even money there, but they have that small matter of playing Argentina (or possibly Scotland) first.