Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Loose 6 handed game, how to own?

Hello all at two + two,
i started to play at titan poker at 6 handed tables 0,5 1 limit. I have a problem here because players are generaly loose and it seem to me that in such a game luck is the main factor. There are 3-5 players on flop usually and most of the times some one catches on turn or river. I would like to ask you which strategy do u recommend for such a game? I tried to play tight but blinds are rotating fast and if i wait for strong even if i raise, i get 2,3 callers who usually outdrew my hand with somenthing like J8s. I will appriciate any help. Thanks bohus
Old 05-24-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Loose 6 handed game, how to own?

First thing, welcome to the forum, but you started in the wrong forum.

There are shorthanded forums, look a little lower on the bar on the left, and you will find them, and hands played at .50/1.00 go in the microlimit forums.

That being said, you need to be value betting your good hands, and some of your draws. In loose passive games, it is all about value.

You've already noticed that the blinds come around fast, so you need to loosen up a little bit, especially in the blinds, and on the button. When you enter a pot, think about whether or not you want to limit the field with a raise ( if you can) or to invite more players into the pot by limping.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:10 PM

Im sorry about writing in the wrong forum. Thanks for help Carpal, i think i played the way u advice but i finished in red. Probably because the number of suckouts on me was quite above average. So i will try again hoping it will be better.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:05 PM

there's always bad sessions no matter how good you are... but from your question here, it leads me to believe there is a lot of work you can do...

post hands on here regularly... respond to posts (before looking at others) and see how your advice compares to other more knowledgeable 2p2'ers, and see where your thinking is flawed... i think it is key here to respond to hands before reading others posts... it can show some serious flaws in your thought process and is a great learning experience... don't be worried to holler out some wrong advice, you can concede your point after you have posted and see the error in your ways (after you've read other posts) or ask others for further clarification...

anyway, i got that advice when i first started here, and since i have tried to post responses to at least a few hands a day, and gradually i think my line of thought has fallen much closer to where it should be, and am seeing many more angles of the game than i ever have before (i still have a lot of room for improvement)...

anyway, good luck, and welcome to the forums