Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you like them, what do you like about them?
Catchy, well-written songs 84 25.93%
Mick Jagger's unique voice 41 12.65%
They defined blues-based rock-and-roll music for a generation 69 21.30%
Great musicians 61 18.83%
Everything about them is great, you're insane 69 21.30%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: POG Anniversary Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chocolate Rabbit, it has nothing to do with whether those arguments are correct or logically sound, it has everything to do with what kind of conclusions that wolves will come to (the right ones) and the kind of conclusions villagers will come to.

[/ QUOTE ]

But villagers would come to those conclusions. The one about the vote buyer is self evident.

[/ QUOTE ]
The thing is, it isn't self-evident. A ton of villagers didn't come to that conclusion, which makes them villagers. Villagers are stupid.

And hey, if you think grindhouse might be JaredL, why not vote him off with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

A villager could come to that conclusion as easily as a wolf with a little thought.

The #2 bandwagon - a power evil - was lynched. In a game with a vote buyer for the evils. There's exactly three ways the evil seer dies there
1. Good vote buyer moves a vote, as does evil vote buyer, coin flip
2. Good vote buyer moves a vote, evil vote buyer does not, due to AFK, whatever
3. Evil vote buyer is grindhouse, he moves the vote to save himself, knowing that, if he doesn't, the evil seer just goes next anyway.

#3 is a very valid conclusion, and not that difficult for a villager to come up with, if he wants to.

My question for you is: how would you know if it's correct?

Do I want to vote grindhouse? No. Personally, I favour the second option, as it is the most likely occurence. I will not call someone a wolf for coming up with a pretty logical conclusion.

It's not like he's assuming that the wolves got no night kill, or that the wolves killed X over Y. <--- That's wolfy.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still like my small list. I'll be voting Yoko tomorrow assuming Pope gets lynched today. Freetokyonow, however, has sounded a touch more villagery, though not enough to make me think he's actually pro-village yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny, is I have pretty much disagreed with every single thing you've said, and yet I'm far from convinced. you're a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason you made my list to begin with is because early in the game you were being overly abrasive and critical without offering much opinion of your own. The latter has changed. The former really hasn't.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villager, actually. Especially a vanillager.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i disagree. I dont see a villager staying mum. He would at least say "OMG wtf ... guys im a villager." or something.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i disagree. I dont see a villager staying mum. He would at least say "OMG wtf ... guys im a villager." or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He'd get bored because he has a boring role in a game where he doesn't know anybody's identities. So what if he gets lynched.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still like my small list. I'll be voting Yoko tomorrow assuming Pope gets lynched today. Freetokyonow, however, has sounded a touch more villagery, though not enough to make me think he's actually pro-village yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's funny, is I have pretty much disagreed with every single thing you've said, and yet I'm far from convinced. you're a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason you made my list to begin with is because early in the game you were being overly abrasive and critical without offering much opinion of your own. The latter has changed. The former really hasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-15-2007, 06:20 PM

case in point
Old 04-15-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He'd get bored because he has a boring role in a game where he doesn't know anybody's identities. So what if he gets lynched.

[/ QUOTE ]

then why even vote grindhouse? makes no sense to show up and just make a meaningless vote and leave when you are on the chopping block.

Guess we will agree to disagree here

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I'm not grasping in Yoko's plan is, uh, if we lynch vanillagers every day while the wolves eat seers and recently confirmed power villagers every night, how exactly do we win?

If there was a rash of roleclaims right now we'd have no reason to believe at least half of them. Tokyo was a special case, because the modkill provision gave him a way to prove he was telling the truth.

Yoko: you posted a theory about how lynching grindhouse would tell us something about TJ and jimbob. Conversely, do you think that lynching TJ or jimbob would tell us anything about grindhouse? Not saying you need to change your vote right this minute, just asking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it would. But we don't need more information about Grindhouse. TJ and jimbob are 30+% confirmed villagers. Grindhouse gets us information on more people than either of those lynches does, IMHO.

I AM NOT SAYING POWER ROLES SHOULD ROLECLAIM NOW, MORANS.

I am only saying that eventually, there will be too many confirmed villagers for wolves to deal with, and if we can lynch off people who are not confirmed (who are also possibly wolves), and wolves don't hit confirmed villagers/the seer fast enough (and wolves almost can't miss this game), then it's pretty much locked.

That is what I'm talking about. That is what I'm talking about when I say that since grind is <5% confirmed, he's a good lynch (almost for that alone). On top of that, if he claims, we might panic on to pinktutu, who is a wolf, so it's still fairly plausible he's a wolf.

freetokyonow

hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. it's been a ridiculous weekend. anyway, i've read the last 50 posts. and I'm pretty sure I'm in UR Forum is a wolf.

ship it.

Im in ur forum