Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: difficult river situation against tilting player

try to put your opponents on hands and realize board texture and opportunities when they present themselves, realize that strong bet on the flop can mean anything and firing a double barrel at that ace screams your way behind-- FOLD instead of trying to rationalize your hand vs the board
Old 07-30-2007, 02:56 PM

ok that is what i was thinking. i knew i should have bet turn, but i wasnt expecting a river all in. i think his bet is a play the majority of the time, but calling with A 10 and above makes sense to me.

thanks for all input!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try to put your opponents on hands and realize board texture and opportunities when they present themselves, realize that strong bet on the flop can mean anything and firing a double barrel at that ace screams your way behind-- FOLD instead of trying to rationalize your hand vs the board

[/ QUOTE ]

when the 5 hit river i thought he hit his straight, or already has trips. but due to our past history and how aggressive he had been, he could have any 6, any ace, or even qj trying to spike a pair and get lucky

normally when i see huge bets like this at this level it is usually a bluff. i would think he would want a caller if he spiked an ace, hit his straight, or had a random 8.

that is why i was confused about the bet.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:10 PM

i mean this bet could be a million things, i'm just saying i'd really like to see a double barrel on that turn, take a note of his huge overbet and try to induce it when you want him to without him knowing... try and dictate the way he plays to your advantage but honestly your not ahead and you can't call that large bet on a whim