Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Im thinking i played the right??

[ QUOTE ]
Yes on the First Q and yes I believe you on your 2nd point. I'm just saying the your assigned probability is low in this situation, very low.

Stamp is expression used my some "bookies" l play cards with on Sunday nights. After a bad day, they laugh about how the cash will come right back , as in, "lucky SOB but its got a stamp on it". So stamp = return postage. This type of player will lose it right back to you.

Your last point, I'm simply pointing out there is a difference between "might have" and probablilty. My comments are directed at the hand as played, which was played poorly. Do you have comments about my points? Or is it just the tone? How do you think this hand was played?The man asked "I'm thinking I played this right"? He is looking for an answer and I don't believe you gave him one. I think my answer was quite clear and complete.

As far as the tone. This is not "Dear Abby" but a debate about stud poker. At the tables do you think anyone really cares about you or anybody else. ITS POKER. Now you may not like me, but what about the message. I'm been coming here for 3 years to learn, not make friends, because there is no friendship in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you play there too, maybe I'll run into you sometime...hopefully.

You are correct. I really did not give much feedback on the whole hand as played. I did not intend to. I will now.

Jordie, I would play the hand exactly the same way except I would bet out on the river. I like the fact that you used caution when the BI raised you. It should have thrown up red flags. Once you made 2 big pair & he seemed to hit bricks, turn on the juice!!!

There. I addressed Jordie's question without mathematically & pyschologically dissecting everyone & everything involved in the hand like you did through multiple posts so long & boring that no one wanted to friggin' read them. Do I think this was a poorly played hand, no I don't. It was pretty typical actually. A couple of minor mistakes, but nothing catastrophic.

I also disagee with you about the whole "friends at the table" bit. I don't necessarily have "friends" at the table (i.e. we don't take warm showers together...) but I have some I like to play with & most of them I respect their play. Friendship takes a backseat to respect at the tables.

3 years huh?? You signed up in April of this year & have posted 40 some odd times...hmmm.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:55 AM

We have played and yes this hand is typical, as I stated right up front. The typical 2-4 player loses money. Boring maybe, but you read it. Its very direct, each point has reasons and most certianly, has a conclusion. My tone, a bit harsh perhaps, but this player needs help. He's now asking about Coaches and their hourly rates. My response was honest and direct. His various posts fron around this website are sad, to say the least. This poster is losing money and he's trying to master all the games at once. Bottom-line, currently he has no chance if he continus down this path. He needs help.

You can visit this website and read all or any the posts without signing up. I always enjoyed the posts by Michael E, Carlos and Roland, among others. I especially got a kick out of Emery's "Who do you fear" post. I was ask by a current poster, who I highly respect, to participant but I told him that there was to much BS by various posters. Some are absolute pros at stating the obvious. Others are very good, such as PoorLawyer, Frappboy, Jeff and Andy. As you can see my first post was to someone who had a tax liability and was seeking help; I hope he got his refund as I suggested.

So brad we're nots friends, Whats Error #4?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 AM

Istream, the hand please, what's the disagreement?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:15 AM

Bradley, you're checking 4th. Why give potential free cards?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM

You're the only poster checking 4th. Most are saying bet and/or check raise. See now its a debate. Nice going Bradley.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Put the extra raise in on 3rd and show them you mean it.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 AM

Damn Right Joe. anyone else
Old 11-27-2006, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bradley, you're checking 4th. Why give potential free cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my book, anytime the bring in "brings in" & then raises behind you, warning bells should be going off. In this case, Jordie slowed down & just called because he smelled a rat. In fact, the guy had Aces to Jordie's Kings...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have played and yes this hand is typical, as I stated right up front. The typical 2-4 player loses money. Boring maybe, but you read it. Its very direct, each point has reasons and most certianly, has a conclusion. My tone, a bit harsh perhaps, but this player needs help. He's now asking about Coaches and their hourly rates. My response was honest and direct. His various posts fron around this website are sad, to say the least. This poster is losing money and he's trying to master all the games at once. Bottom-line, currently he has no chance if he continus down this path. He needs help.

You can visit this website and read all or any the posts without signing up. I always enjoyed the posts by Michael E, Carlos and Roland, among others. I especially got a kick out of Emery's "Who do you fear" post. I was ask by a current poster, who I highly respect, to participant but I told him that there was to much BS by various posters. Some are absolute pros at stating the obvious. Others are very good, such as PoorLawyer, Frappboy, Jeff and Andy. As you can see my first post was to someone who had a tax liability and was seeking help; I hope he got his refund as I suggested.

So brad we're nots friends, Whats Error #4?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you say you & I have played together before at FT? Is that right? So, in all of your infinite wisdom, how'd I do?

I assume by your name that you are a cpa? Your major in school must have been an accounting because it damn sure wasn't english. Your posts are filled with spelling errors. Just so you know...

Yes I agree. We're not friends. I don't know you & you don't know me. But I can tell one thing just from the vibe of your posts. Our style of play seems to be totally different. You appear to be a very mathematical/game theory/systematic player, while I play a style strictly based on instinct & guts. At the end of the day we may come to the same conclusion, but have two different ways to get there.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're the only poster checking 4th. Most are saying bet and/or check raise. See now its a debate. Nice going Bradley.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep calling me Bradley???