Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Default KJ reads Q6 immediate reraise as weak....plz share ur thoughts

6 handed .10/.25 cash game. I was delt KJ...now I usually wont raise with this hand but considering we were playing short handed, I reasoned that the value of that particular hand increases in this type of circumstance. With that logic in mind I made a small preflop raise from .25 to .55 (nothing outrageously crazy). Everyone Folds to the Button/Villian who calls. Flop comes out 4s Th 6h

I put Villian on at least 1 overcard & figured that my hand was still strong so I made a pot sized continuation bet. The Button IMMEDIATELY RERAISED my potsized bet to double the amount. This struck me as very strange & my initial read was that it was a bluff. I decided to call & tread carefully thereafter.

Here is the hand pre & post flop.

FullTilt Hand History
Seat 1: shaim1312 ($21.85)
Seat 2: HardGrind ($11.30)
Seat 3: Are You Out ($27.90)
Seat 4: MisterBags ($13.75)
Seat 5: n0bLiNx ($16.75)
Seat 6: Cardracer ($7.80)
MisterBags posts the small blind of $0.10
n0bLiNx posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HardGrind Ks Jh
Cardracer folds
shaim1312 calls $0.25
HardGrind raises to $0.55
Are You Out folds
MisterBags folds
n0bLiNx folds
shaim1312 calls $0.30
*** FLOP *** 4s Th 6H

shaim1312 checks
HardGrind bets $1.45
shaim1312 raises to $3.60
HardGrind has 15 seconds left to act
HardGrind calls $2.15

I will post the rest of play in its entirety after everyones thoughtfull insight on the dynamics of this hand.

Thanks for the read & replies.

Sidenote-Can someone recommend a good hand history converter. I've tried FTR but sometimes it wont read my tourney hands, samething for Lego. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: KJ reads Q6 immediate reraise as weak....plz share ur thoughts

use a hand converter and I will share my thoughts
Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM

first off why are u shortstacked , secondly min raise PF is meh , raise it up atleast 3x initial raise , KJ is still marginal six handed , fold flop ....
Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $13.75
BB: $16.75
UTG: $7.80
MP: $21.85
Hero (CO): $11.30
BTN: $27.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.45</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.60</font>, Hero calls $2.15
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to MP

Hows this MOP....?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 PM

Jzo....the reason I was short stacked is because of the method in which I like to Multitable.....I have found that if I buy in for the MIN amount &amp; wait for Premuim hands( I know KJ is not premo but short handed I like it) It forces me to play disciplined poker &amp; put my money in the right spots based upon my feel for the table. In addition it allows me to stretch my BR a lil further &amp; play up to 4 tables at a time.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Fold preflop.

As played I'd save the 2$ and fold to the check raise as you pretty much beat nothing.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 PM

You're only inviting disaster with your weak preflop raise. You want to get HU with this hand postflop as its not going to play very well in a multiway pot. At least you did get HU though.

When villains minraise you, you are almost never good. You may read it as weakness, but donkies think its the best way to get more money out of you when they have a hand. If the guy has at least TP he's unlikely to lay it down to further aggression by you on later streets. All you have are 6 outs to an overpair, which could easily get you in trouble. Villains at this level enjoy playing J10, K10. Hell even J6s, K6s, so if he has bottom pair, hitting top pair can get you in trouble still.

Just fold to the flop reraise. You're only spewing money by calling his reraise.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It forces me to play disciplined poker

[/ QUOTE ]

And why did you minraise with KJ then
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Regarding your question: maybe the reraise actually is a sign of weakness.

Beat: you don't have a hand. Just fold.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jzo....the reason I was short stacked is because of the method in which I like to Multitable.....I have found that if I buy in for the MIN amount &amp; wait for Premuim hands( I know KJ is not premo but short handed I like it) It forces me to play disciplined poker &amp; put my money in the right spots based upon my feel for the table. In addition it allows me to stretch my BR a lil further &amp; play up to 4 tables at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess thats fine u should read PNL and the power of SPR for TP hands ...(dont ask yme about SPR its a lil complex to explain , just search it and you'll find plenty of count)

the only thing i dont like about 50bb stacks its that ur cutting down your implied odds for big money makeing hands , pocket pairs ..if u asked me what hand would i rather have 22 or AQ ..its 22 almost all the time ...(thats with 100bb stax ofcourse)
Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It forces me to play disciplined poker

[/ QUOTE ]

And why did you minraise with KJ then
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Regarding your question: maybe the reraise actually is a sign of weakness.

Beat: you don't have a hand. Just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right....I know it APPEARS that I am playing Super Loose right there. However, all my decisions are based upon the play of the table. And believe me when I say that the table was a "Fish Tank"....Now Im no shark, wouldnt even classify myself as a barracuda as of yet, but I can spot weakness &amp; my instinct was to exploit it.

Im about to catch a home game at my buddies house. When I get back I will post the rest of the hand for analysis.