Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 AM

Default 100NL - Flop nuts in BB, huge multiway pot with deep stacks

Pretty interesting spot, especially considering the stack sizes. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I have to lead out here, and the turn gives me a dilemma. UTG stats are 33/11/1.5, Button stats are 32/6/3.
Should I be leading this flop in a multiway?
How about leading the turn and river as played?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($242)
SB ($21.75)
Hero ($219.15)
UTG ($228.50)
MP ($514.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, MP calls $3, Button calls $3, SB calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($15) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9, MP folds, Button calls $9, SB folds.

River: ($42) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $26</font>
Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 AM

Default Re: 100NL - Flop nuts in BB, huge multiway pot with deep stacks

i would def lead on the flop since the board pairing is scary and a K or T on the turn kills your action.

If you check you're really only hoping someone else bets whilst risking giving free cards, so i would lead hoping for a call or raise
Old 08-14-2007, 07:57 AM

meh, it's a bad spot for this kind of hand (value wise). even if i'd probably play it like you did, i think leading out is a better idea. because if you check you are basically hoping to c/r someone who is holding a monster hand (QQ/JJ/AA) so you can get his stack and UTG is the only one who is likely to have it (since AA/QQ repops if players are even half-decent). marginal aces fold to your c/r on the flop, so you are losing value if you c/r the flop. so yeah, lead out on all 3-streets. i'd lead the turn aswell, if raised i don't know i'd probably call the turn raise and fold the river if raiser made a substantial bet. the thing is that aces that are raising you either have good equity against you or you're drawing dead already (most likely, if you aren't playing against over-aggro donk who is holding A9 and licking his chops over a huge pot).
Old 08-14-2007, 08:04 AM

Ugh, lead flop. This board should be crushing the range of hands in this pot and many of those hands are going to raise for protection on this board. It will be a lot easier to get stacks in via b/3b than a check raise.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:05 AM

lead flop definatly
Old 08-14-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lead flop definatly

[/ QUOTE ]

not too much to be scared of, get some bets in a multi way