Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: The \"share your no-meat recipes\" thread

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to scare-away meat-eaters in the thread, and tofu's pretty scary stuff. I'm not veggie, but I really like Moosewood's pesto recipe. (I shouldn't replicate it here, since they sell books for that purpose.)

Basically, it uses much less oil and basil than normal pesto, but uses a whole pound of spinach instead. You blend all the spinach and get a super green, super healthy sauce that tastes like pesto, but "greener". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a tip.

When making Pesto/Salsa Verde or any other "green" sauce with whatever leaves you decide to use (rocket and watercress olive oil and black pepper makes an awesome salad dressing) cook your green leaves for about 10 seconds in boiling water then fish them out and stop the cooking process by dropping the leaves into ice cold water.

make sure they are dried off nicely before you blitz them and a) they blend into the oil and release more flavour as they are softened instead of fresh - and b) you can keep the sauce for days in a fridge and it will keep it's fabulous bright green colour rather than turn a drab olive green after an hour or so.