Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: How do you deal with it?

small ball is a good advice i guess, but it could be also that you got a lack of aggressivness when you get sucked out every time.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Down 20 buyins, I'm playing the best I can, but I always get sucked out on. I flop two pair, and get rivered and lose to higher two pair. It happens ALL the time. I'm so ridicilously tired of this now. All my aces are getting cracked. Jesus I'm fed up with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you have more leaks in your game than you think you do. You probably lose too much when you lose, and win too little when you win. I would guess that you probably play too many hands, especially in raised pots, out of position. And you probably get into spots with your "aces" where you offer up too much in the way of implied odds by raising too little preflop, and not being able to fold post-flop when you run into a set or better.

If you play on line, use PT to find your leaks. Look at your position in the pots you are losing. Look at the SPR you are creating in the pots you play with big pairs. Look at hands like AQo that play badly in OOP in raised pots - are you playing "trouble hands" like these for too much money OOP?

Etc.

Variance is probably a major factor in your 20 buy-in downswing. But I suspect that you also have a number of leaks you can plug. Look for the leaks and plug them.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:04 PM

I got stacked 5 times in a row with AA pf but I'm not very good at poker.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Down 20 buyins, I'm playing the best I can, but I always get sucked out on. I flop two pair, and get rivered and lose to higher two pair. It happens ALL the time. I'm so ridicilously tired of this now. All my aces are getting cracked. Jesus I'm fed up with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you have more leaks in your game than you think you do. You probably lose too much when you lose, and win too little when you win. I would guess that you probably play too many hands, especially in raised pots, out of position. And you probably get into spots with your "aces" where you offer up too much in the way of implied odds by raising too little preflop, and not being able to fold post-flop when you run into a set or better.

If you play on line, use PT to find your leaks. Look at your position in the pots you are losing. Look at the SPR you are creating in the pots you play with big pairs. Look at hands like AQo that play badly in OOP in raised pots - are you playing "trouble hands" like these for too much money OOP?

Etc.

Variance is probably a major factor in your 20 buy-in downswing. But I suspect that you also have a number of leaks you can plug. Look for the leaks and plug them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, sorry, but you're as wrong as you could be. If anything, I'm too tight. I pretty much only play position. I fold marginal hands oop, and raise them at button. I know when to cbet, and when not to. But thanks for trying to analyze my play (sorry if that sounded ironic). I raise the standard 3,5xBB + 1 bb per limper, also. I may have some leaks in my play, but not basic leaks like the ones you are referring to.

Either way, I'm up 9 buyins now since I last posted here. Played abit at a friend of my brother's computer, who has two huge screens, which meant I could 12-table, and that worked damned well. I'm also only sticking to cashgames now; I wasted a few BIs on tournaments and s&g, which I shouldn't have, since I'm way better at cash and tend to not have the guts to push with marginal hands to steal blinds in tournaments. So hopefully, I'm on my way back up now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 06:00 AM

If this is something you really want to try at, take a break, THEN re-evaluate your play, maybe just watch some tables of the games you are playing, and then come back and give it a try again when you are fresh - maybe step down a limit or 2 to get your confidence back about your play and work back up to your goals.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is something you really want to try at, take a break, THEN re-evaluate your play, maybe just watch some tables of the games you are playing, and then come back and give it a try again when you are fresh - maybe step down a limit or 2 to get your confidence back about your play and work back up to your goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I've done. I read through all of Townsend's well, and followed his advice by evaluating pretty much every hand. I've seen all of the big hands on replay on pokertracker. It really helped my plat a lot, and I'm almost up what I lost already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for all the advices.