Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Do these stats tell anything about what I can do to improve my game?

I was hoping someone with more experience with poker tracker could look at these stats and help me figure out what holes exist through this information? I think its a good way to get people into poker tracker so they can understand how to use it better. These stats are 80% hands at .50/1 and 20% at 1/2

Old 11-05-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Do these stats tell anything about what I can do to improve my gam

You could get W2SD up a notch (lower 30s), you are throwing some winners away it seems. Since your flop AF is so high, it seems you play raise or fold on the flop, which makes you fold some things, when peeling is the best strategy.

Perhaps raise a few more hands pre-flop. Defend BB HU a bit more, but I don't think this is a major leak at FR.

*edit* 5000 hands, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Default Re: Do these stats tell anything about what I can do to improve my game?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post1659321

um, well, first of all remember that it makes more sense to talk about individual hands than stats. And also remember that the micros FAQ recommends that you play AT LEAST 10K hands before making a stats post. Your sample is quite a bit smaller than this, so the trends that it's currently showing may not be entirely accurate. That said...

1. Steal more often
2. Defend your BB (you're folding a lot here)
3. Your W2SD is a little low (fit or fold isn't the best strategy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
4. Your river AF is a little low (value bet on the river!)
5. Your PFR is a little low (esp. since you play on FTP where it's 9max and you should be in spots where you need to open-raise more often)

That's all that struck me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 AM

Would peeling basically mean checking if I miss the flop AND/OR calling a bet with overcards but a missed flop? Also does stealing stats only regard raises from the button when no one has called? I wonder cause you can steal from earlier positions technically.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would peeling basically mean checking if I miss the flop AND/OR calling a bet with overcards but a missed flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe peeling would mean calling an opponent's bet when you do not have too many outs relative to the pot odds offered.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:34 PM

I just squinted and saw the number of hands played. When you get to 20k hands drop the stats down again and they might mean something.

I do 20k comparisons myself vs previous 20k to find leaks but even that is sometimes wild in of itself.

According to my stats I have a leak of losing with AK at showdown but when I look at the hands, I lost 25% of them in the last 20k to some ridiculous draws so deriving info out of stats requires a grain of salt.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Do these stats tell anything about what I can do to improve my game?

I think you are justified in looking for leaks with a negative win rate but the problem is you can't really find them with stats, at least not with only 5k hands. All the posters have made good points but at this stage, prior to accumulating more stats you should consider: a) review each session yourself b) post hands where you don't know if you made a mistake or not. c) participate in session reviews.

You will learn a lot about your game that way and not have to wait until your stats converge.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM

Whats the best way to review a session to determine how well you did and what you can do better?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 AM

There are a few key things I think you can do after each session that will make you a better player.

The first is to take a look at some opponents that you keep running into and look at each hand they have shown and see make any notes that you think will be helpful to you. Stats on opponents are helpful but when you have notes on a player you are able to narrow their range. One specific thing I like to know is the opponents tendency to fire bluffs, but there are so many patterns that players fall into and recognizing any of them can be valuable.

Next I like to look at each big hand I played (win or loss) and see if I could have extracted more or loss less value given the information I had at the time. When I go back and look at a session where I played 500 hands I will usually find at least 5 hands where I made a mistake I should have avoided and that ended up costing me 1BB or more. Often times it is a value bet I am missing or a decision to call down lightly after a turn check/raise when there is very little chance the villain is making that play as a bluff or semibluff.

The final thing I like to do is to visit 2+2 and read/reply to some posts. Taking some time after each session to just think about the game also ensures you won't fall into a trap of focusing only on the $/100 won or lost.