Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Last one I promise

Just an awesome game full of drooling crackheads.
Someone suggests a round of straddles and all agree.

Its my straddle and 2nd drooler in 3bets, 4th drooler in (villain from last 2 posts, who was unknown and now is known as grade A retard) cold-calls 3, folds to me I call w/Kh9h.

Flop:A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, pfr bets, cc'er calls.

turn: some low brick

I check, pfr checks, ccer bets, I employ check and raise, pfr folds, ccer calls.

river: another low brick.

Check or bet?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: Last one I promise

Coldcaller betting that turn is such trouble for you. That's like AJ every time.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

turn: some low brick

I check, pfr checks, ccer bets, I employ check and raise, pfr folds, ccer calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love to hear your reasoning for this since from where I sit it pretty much can't be correct. Do you expect to fold a better hand? Don't you think an ace is pretty likely from either the reraiser or coldcaller? They won't fold. Spades is possible but less likely after CC'er bets rather than taking a free card on the turn. He probably thinks he needs protecting and won't fold to a raise. I don't get your play at all really - what was your gameplan for this hand?

Jeff
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 PM

I shouldve prefaced the post with the fact that coldcaller, coldcalls everything pf and on flop. I was hoping to get it head up with flush draw, worse 9, or pp all of which are in villains range and more likely than an Ace which he would surely info-raise on flop, bc that is what fish do.

If can fold out pf 3betters 6outer, or TT, JJ than Ive really done well.

P.S. I also saw him bet a naked fd in position on turn in a similar situation where there were multiple bets pf and an AJx type flop in a multiway pot.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:08 PM

I can't really put villain on a hand at all, so I dunno!

If you think he plays a ton of suited junk for any amount of bets preflop, and that he will often bluff this river, but NOT call if the turn or river paired his hand, then check and call.

If you think he doesn't bluff often enough for checking and calling, or that he doesn't play almost any suited, but will pay off with a worse hand, then lead, and fold to a raise.

If you think he will often check behind with his aces, but not bluff after all the strength you showed, then check and fold.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an Ace which he would surely info-raise on flop, bc that is what fish do.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of them don't. A lot of bad players just check and call. I mean, we need some kind of real read on villain. How much does he value bet? Much much does he bluff? How much does he try to protect his hand in big pots? How much does he pay off? What's his image of you? Is he stuck in this game?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:24 PM

I told you that I saw him bet instead of take a free card in position with a naked flush draw in a multiway pot on the turn where it was 3 bets pf. That specific enough? I think this guy will raise an Ace on the flop in a pot this big and in position and I think he is plenty dumb enough to bet all sorts of stuff here with the thought "No one has an ace here let me bet and see what happens."

He also thinks I am steaming, bc I just lost twice to 1 outers in like 5 hands. I was not (and would be the first to admit it), though some of my play may look it from these hands.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Results

I checked the river, he checked behind and he tabled J9. I think I only have to be right 1 time in 5 to make this the right play. This is the villain from the 7s hand. This was a few minutes later. Still not sure about the river play though. He probably wont bluff enough here and I have the nut 9 so I should probably bet.