Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Default pfx 4/180 hand history reviewed

Last week keith posted in mttc wanting to someone help him with his game so i went over a hand history for him. I ended up making a really long reply so i though i'd post it for everyone to see.

Hiya

Ok uploaded the hand history to here,

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA70482/...12_034118/4168

havn’t got all of it but I’ll go over what I have. Bear in mind I havn’t pld a $10 mtt for probably about 6 months, I play 50fo+ normally but I’ll have a bash anyway.

Hand 3: looks fine, that guys an idiot!
Hand 11: don’t like open limp with an off suited connector, if suited the limps fine, either raise it or fold. I’d just fold it. U don’t want to call a raise and be oop anyway. Just bleeding chips.
Hand 16: looks good.
Hand 17: you go the maximum in this case. However I play straights a lot faster. The board is likely to hit a lot of people. There are a lot of cards that could come on the turn that are action killers or bad cards for you.

6cards: if 9 or t come its highly possible that someone else will caught up with u and made a straight so your now splitting the pot.

9 cards: if the board pairs then you instantly on the defensive on your hand, your in a wa/wb situation, which means you wont be able to put in a raise on the turn. If you bet your probably have to fold to a check raise, and if u check your giving more free cards for people to catch up or overtake u.

therefore there are 15 cards out of 47 that u don’t want to see.

So I’d raise the flop with 2 people still behind u. The table has also been paying off with top pair, 2 pairs etc etc so get the money in now. It also builds the pot and increases the chances that u can stack “die2n8” who is a proven idiot by calling a raise 2x raise in the sb w a6o. Its also good for metagame purposes if you play your made hands it allows you to raise play a wider range of hands from your position.

So after the hand is 4 way, not raising the turn is really bad. “X fl nick x” has fired a 2nd large bet into 4 people, its clear hes not going away, so 3x his raise and do not allow die2n8 to stay in cheap. Hes probably gonna call your raise with 2 pair anyway.

River, if die2n8 calls then fire go ai on a non pair board obviolusy.

Hand 29: I cont bet this , you raised from ep, folding to a check raise. but check, fold seems a little weak. I’ll probably call the bet and see what he does on river (that’s how I would play a queen also if I didn’t cont bet). Hes range on the turn is still huge…

Your probably around 40% vs his range has you have the possibity of improving too and the chance and maybe some fold equity on the. I think +ev. However putting yourself in a spot like this makes things more tricky for yourself on the river. So I tend to make agro calls like this when I’m playing someone I know I have a skill advantage against.

To determine if I have skill advantages vs players I check their rankings on www.officialpokerrankings.com and add it to my notes. I add write down what stakes they play profit and roi for the last 3 months. I also predominantly take in to account previous hands they played.

If I’m playing more then 5 I just go on buyin and group them how I play vs an unknown. Using poker ace stats to assist my decisions.

Hand 18:

u raise ajo from utg+1 but u just call aqs from utg? I always raise aqs ep, and you should be maximizing your good hands by building the pot preflop in a tournament at this level.

I initially thought bet flop but I think check is probably better, with the intention of check raising since u got the overbet you probably just have the right price to call, highly likely he has hearts / or an 8.

Deeper effective stacks I nearly always bet, 3 bet all in, same way I play sets.

Hand 44:

I push pre. Hes probably calling with this range.

44+,A2s+,K8s+,QTs+,A2o+,K9o+,Qjo 26% of hands.

which u have 37% equity verses.

26*.37 = 9.6%

74% of the time he folds you gain = 150chips
150*.74 = +111

9.6% of the time he calls you gain 150+725 = 825 chips
825*.096 = +79

16.4% of the time u lose 725+50 = 775 chips.
825*.164 = -135

111+79-135 = +ev 55 chips

I did the math to double check, cause its close, and to make sure u understand how to do calculations like this yourself.

As played u I bet 50-75% on the flop cause its unlikely he has a k or q as he didn’t push preflop.

Hand 45:

raise more preflop or limp if you think your behind the range of the original limper (very unlikely in a $10 game). Raise to 450-500. this has this raise has the chance win the pot post flop to isolate to one player so you can continuation bet more effectively.

As played if I didn’t bet flop, I defiantly bet the turn, shutting down to any action. River fold was good.

Hand 46:

Your in yellow zone and need to be stealing to keep up with the blinds. I raise 5To to 275 to try and take the blinds off the stack with an m of 5-10. Your hand hear is pretty irrelevant because its unlikely your be called, mostly just reraised. If your reraised you can easily fold. Also read gigabets block theory in the anthology. If called u can cont bet, shutting down to any action, but this all depends of the flop, which player it is what there tendencies to what u do post flop. Its nearly always folding to a bet, (flop)bet/fold, (turn) check/fold, (river)check/fold. This is if blanks fall.

Hand 52:

Standard is to raise 3x, cont bet. If called try and get hand shown down unimproved. (which may mean 2 barrelling turn to try and get him to check river to you) however in this case I raise, (flop)bet/fold, (turn)check/fold, (river)check/call if unimproved.

Hand 59:

Raise to 550-600. call reraise (raising smaller makes the decision a lot closer).

Hand 63:

Its probably safer for you at this level to NEVER openlimp in late position. You need to be tying to take the blinds. As played bet the flop ace, it’s a scare card, hes only calling u with an ace or the k of spades (maybe if hes bad the q of spades) or maybe something random like an 8 and a spade. He may bluff raise u off the best hand but his frequency for doing this is low enough to make this bet profitable. So bet/fold your jack aint strong enough to draw to this deep. If called and checked to check/ behind all turns. if he bets if improved, fold otherwise. Rivers more complitcated but u have to assign the villain on the range decided on the flop narrowed down by the turn action to decifer what action u should take.

As played. Bet flop, if not bet turn, if none bet then fold river.

Hand 71:

I raise, mainly due to aggression around the blinds is a great place to chip up. You m > 20 and his m ~ 12, therefore its gonna be much more difficult for him to bluff u. raise continuation bet the flop, again shutting down to any action is default but sometimes double barrel if u sense weakness.

As played I bet flop (he’d probably raise u with an ace??) if called I’l bet turn, cause its more likely hes calling u with a the low cards then an ace. If called/raised on turn I check fold all the way.

Hand 90:

Push this 99% of the time with these stack sizes, unless the guy is really really tight.

Hand 99:

Raise pre continuation bet like the other ax hand.

Hand 101:

Heres a steal spot, if u raise to 1100 ish (makes sure your raising all hands at this amount to not give away the strength of your hand by your raise size). If you get reraised your not commited to call. Also the big stack is in the small blind so hes less like to call you (most players prefer reraising so they don’t have to play a pot oop).

Because this is such an obvious steal spot, I generally would go over the top a looser range of hands if I was any of the stacks if I had noticed had noticed that you was open raising at least once an orbit. However this happens rarely in lowstake games. So here you can see a steal and a resteal opportunity.

Hand 106:

Ok this 49o is a push. I wont do the math, you can do that the same way I did above. But its +ev. General rule: if your m < 5 then you should be pushing any 2 cards from sb, but and co if its unnopened. if you are pushing into a bigstack, its better to have some kind of hand, because hes more likely to call u light, where the small stacks want first in vigorish.

Hand 116:

If tables tight I push this, if its calling very light its better to fold, takes experience to learn. Your so short this could be your last chance to get any fold equity.

Hand 119:

Push 100% of time.

Hand 120:

Push 100% of time

Hand 121:

Push 100% of time

Hand 124:

Push 100% of time

Hand 125:

DON’T MIN RAISE, push, gives your self SOME chance he will fold. Your just giving him odds to hit.

Hand 126:

I push but its close.

Hand 142:

Push the a9, you have the chance to increase your stack by 3k without showdown.

Hand 135:

??? raise 3x or whatever your standard is (between 2.5x and 3x is optimal). Pushing is even +ev.
Hand 141:

Fold is probably ok, buts its probably marginally +ev to min raise vs the short stack since your image is SO tight, folding to a reraise. J9s is 55% vs a random hand + equity from the blinds/antes.

Hand 146:

I push this top 26% with 5 left with an m of 5.

Ok that’s it bud! Wow I went into quite a lot of detail, but I don’t mind its good for me to think about the game to, I don’t do this [censored] enough.

Gl on the tables, let me know if u have any questions.

Pez

Ps. Oh heres a hand history of mine if u want to have a look. It’s a 50rebuy win from last week. Ignore both a8o hands I played them both very bad, your see.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA70344/...11_124231/4168

let me know if u disagree with anything i said.