Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

[ QUOTE ]

Expectations: Like Wiggs I'm not really interested in staking because I don't need it and I think I'd play poorly if I was using someone else's money (ie play too cautiously). I'm a part time player but love and study the game and hate that I am not beating it for a bigger clip and have many leaks - some I know about, many I probably have no idea about. I'm sure we could work something out if you were interested.

Bonus: I have been working on a DB/HUD for the last 4 months specifically for NL Cash and it is coming along very nicely... There might be some opportunities there - I'd love to get feedback / ideas from a consistent multi tabling winner of NL Cash.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting and i'd definitely be interested in discussing this program.

For this first "project" i want it to be a 100NL staking agreement. If/when this succeeds, i will likely open myself up to fulltime coaching or possibly staking for 200NL. I will be saving this thread for the future so your applications will not go to waste.

As soon as one student finishes his 35k hands (or decides to stop) i will pick up another student.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I’m just wondering how much time per week you would expect this protégée to play and commit to this project

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question:

I would like for him to finish the 35k hands in or around a month's time. Obviously the more tables you play, the quicker it will come, but i dont want this to become a race against the clock.

The idea is to get better as a player, so i will not set a time limit on this. However, i expect whoever i pick to put the effort in and play a lot.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:21 PM

I am interested in your offer

- Age: older than most of you in this forum, but much younger than skipbob

- Experience: Have played mostly SNGs ranging from the 11s to the 55s, Party and Stars; and about 20k NL25/50 to clear Party bonus.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: I am 12-18 tabling $16/$27s on Stars; so I will probably 8-12 tabling NL cash games.

- Current bankroll: I have 6000 online right now

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:
Make the move from SNGs to cash and become experienced in cash games.

I am not really interested in being staked. but we can work out some kind of profit sharing if you choose to coach me.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:34 PM

HI, my name is Nathanael and i think this offer is really interesting. I was looking for a coach, but i can`t afford a good one with my little BR. I thought of writing an "reverse" to your offer in HSNL, but i didn`t know if it`d be appropriate etc...

-Experience: I have played 5 Months of poker (the last 2 serious) and read almost any good book out there. I have a ROI somewhere between 30% on my last games. Started with cashgames one month ago, but to be honest, i am down about 400$ in NL 100 (my biggest leak is identifying CS to late.
-Tables: I was 20-table-botting SNG`s, but cash games are different. But 10 tables should be no problem, if recommended
- Bankroll: ~3000$

- Expectation: I wanna learn more and more about the game and become a better cash player. I play SNG`s to build my bankroll and because they`re so easy, not because they are fun. Cash game is more profitable and it takes IMO a lot more skill to master them. As a "former" chess player i am exspecially interested in strategy advice, discussing hands.

- in a short form: I wanna be able to earn a good living out of poker. And if you stack/train me, i am willing to give you your part and even more. Just as appreciation, but also as part of the deal. I worked as a chess coach in the same way (obviously i didn`t have to stake somebody) and today the guy i was coaching is on the same level and i profit from his ideas.
What i want to say is, that i am willing to work hard and study. And there is a good chance that you make way more profit than the 70%...

[I am on a "free year", so i have no school etc and conzentrate on poker. The 35k hands shoudnt be a problem.]
Old 01-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Experience at all forms of poker:
Biggest Cash- $1200 1st place this spring in a 90 person tourney in aruba.
Small Sample of Small Stakes Sngs ~1.5K ~5% ROI (but I've run bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) (~15% at party)
Small Stakes Limit Hold'em - Break even over the course of a few years (ok, I might be down a bit but that was pre-poker tracker for me). Its what got me into poker and led me to 2+2
Micro Stakes NLHE - I crush those playing on my GFs account when she wants help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Drunken PLOH/L - I remember being good each time I start. . .
Foxwoods and AC have given me a few hundered playing low stakes LHE
Overall I've been a +EV player for about a year and a half now after finding 2+2 but I'm having difficulty moving out of the low stakes games. I've got the gamble in me but I need the skills.

Most tables you can see yourself playing: Depends on the game. Sngs, I could see doing 15 depending on my setup and have done 9 profitably. I've recently dropped down to 5 or 6 so I can pay more attention to my game. Don't have a good enough grasp on NLHE to do more then 4 right now but believe 9 is doable in the short term with good training.

Current bankroll: $600 with a well paying job that let's me reload if I need to (though I haven't had to in over a year and the Aruba cash went to pay for the trip)

What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

1) Poker knowledge: I love playing this game and the better I become the more I've enjoyed it. I've come to the conclusion that I need some personal attention to improve my game though. I used to want to try and do it on my own and have since swallowed my pride. Working on my game with others makes the game more enjoyable anyways. Its the most challenging intellectual activity I've ever taken on.

2) Financial Independence: I have a job I like but right now I have to have it. I don't want to have to have a job anymore unless I want it. I'd like to improve my game to the point where my online play makes me > 50% of my current income. Also, I'd like to travel to a few major tournements each year including the WSOP.

3) Good Times: I've come to find that I enjoy the 'company' of those that post on this board and chat online. While everyone plays poker for a slightly different reason, one thing is common: We're all trying to improve our games. Taking on that struggle with those in this forum is rewarding beyond the money.

I don't know if anyone on here would vouch for me as I haven't had any financial interaction with anyone or know anyone personally. If this works out then I'm sure we could make arrangements that would insure your risk and/or allow you to have faith in my reporting abilities.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM

Damn I don't qualify in any which way, but to hell with your offer can I hire you to write info commercials for me!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM

I'll take a shot. Offer sounds great, probably won't get it but to anyone that does good stuff.

Experience: I have been playing poker for about 2 years, and my first year of play was much more serious than it is now. Basically I had more money than, and was able to play on party and won a decent amount back than. Dropped off for about 6 months b/c of serious financial troubles (cashed out my BR) at that time I was 4 tabling 33's. My BR right now is a joke b/c I started my own business and just don't have the money to put into it to get it going. I am quite comfortable 6 tabling the 25nl games (but can't afford to). I have had most of my money made from MTT's, have a few final tables from the 33's that party used to run. Don't have stats on my cash or STT's. But basically because I havn't been playing enough I lost of lot of the skill I had. I have read and re-read all the HOH's SS's and Sklansky books. I have been spending a lot of time reading this section lately looking to improve my STT skills but really don't have the money to invest in myself at this point (plus my wife would probably kick me in the head). Basically would just want to get out of it a decent roll where I can get some confidence back and start beating the game regularly again.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Experience: Probably closing in on 10k sngs, and around 15k hands of cash in about 2 years time.

# of tables: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Current Bankroll: around 15k I think.

Expectations: To be on my way to X-tabling MS-HSNL to ROBUSTO land!!!. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: hmmm, a more detailed version of my experience can be found here
Old 01-11-2007, 05:59 PM

- Experience at all forms of poker: I started a few years ago much as you did just playing in home games with friends. When I first started I was a pretty big donkey and seemed to be doomed to breaking even. I picked up a few poker books put out by 2+2 and gradually became a winning player in the home games. Then it was off to college where I made a 50 dollar deposit on Stars which I lost within 2 days because I didn't know anything about proper bankroll management. I found 2+2, got a free $50 at Party, and became a winning .5/1 limit player. I built a roll playing limit and began propping shorthanded limit at Absolute. I quickly got bored and wasn't prepared for the huge downswings possible playing so short with so many terribly aggressive players. Shortly after that I found SNGs which I found to be terribly exciting. I didn't really start studying SNGs until a few months later and I became a slight winner. 2 months ago I switched about 50% of my play to cash and have been doing OK 7BB/100 at 25nl and 5BB/100 at 50nl.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 12 of cash

- Current bankroll: $1200

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement: I'd really like to better myself as a player. I know I've got a lot to learn and this arrangement could drastically speed up my improvement in cash games.

I think I'd be a good candidate for this venture. I'm a quick learner and willing to put in lots of time studying as well as playing. I can multitable well without much dropoff in focus. I'm a longtime poster in this forum and can be trusted, at the very least AMT and dawade can vouch for me as well as just about anyone else I've traded HHs or talked with(Velocity, Lord Tacohead, Sippin criss). I'm eager to learn and can be trusted in this staking arrangement.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Sorry for off-topic, I really hope u don't mind.

I'm not applying for this offer, however I am trying to find someone with who I can discuss everything related with poker. I'm pretty much new to this, been playing poker for 1 year. Now playing SnG-s ( 1-table ) 6$ ones. Nothing special, but haven't really got huge bankroll for more - but I'm working on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm recording almost all the games I play, makes learning easier. Plus I can share those with other people, to get comments - basically to improve my game.

I know that it might sound silly, because I'm not paying for advice or something, but I just wondered - maybe theres a person like that.

Thanks,
Mario V