Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 08:10 PM

Default good or bad handreading?

CO in this hand is 25/20/3 and UTG is 14/12 but only like 40 hands

One of the things im having problems with from switching to NL is reading hands because Its a different set of ranges and I don't have enough experience to feel confident yet.

please berate me if this is insanely horrible as well

PokerStars $1/$2 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $231.15
UTG: $211.70
MP: $198.15
CO: $249.00
Button: $200.00
SB: $218.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP folds, CO calls $4, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $18</font>, UTG calls $14, CO calls $14.

Flop: ($55.00) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets $38</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $120</font>,
Old 10-11-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: good or bad handreading?

i just call preflop, UTG's range here destroys you in general and by 3betting you lose the ability to donk various flops and squeeze him there.

just lead the flop and hope it works. i feel like you are complicating a simple situation.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just call preflop, UTG's range here destroys you in general and by 3betting you lose the ability to donk various flops and squeeze him there.

just lead the flop and hope it works. i feel like you are complicating a simple situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I saw trying to take it down PF, figured CO cant have much, and the min raise I figured meant not a lot. Should I not be squeezing here?

I wasnt intending to c/r cuz I figured UTG when he called had a PP or an A and I didnt feel like c betting so I jsut gave up, but when he didnt bet and CO did I figured it would be good, cuz I very much doubt CO has anything or at least anything good enough to call my raise.

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like you are complicating a simple situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are most likely very correct, heh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 PM

i missed the min raise preflop, sorry. i mean that obviously makes the squeeze a lot more appetizing....if it was a regular raise, then no i don't like the squeeze.

as for postflop MP doesnt appear to be a retard based on his stats...so assigning him a range should be all that difficult i guess. thing is, two guys have raised who are not him, he is given the option of a free card and is not taking it on a relatively dry A high flop....i dunno man
Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 AM

Your raise on the flop commits you to the hand, you now have a big proportion of your stack in a hand against 2 opponents, ace on the board when you don't have one, flush draw on the board, and you don't have much. Flop is just spew.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 AM

Agreed with subime I dont like it. Think you get this guy to fold almost never.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 AM

fold pre. Raising into a solid player when you're OOP with a often-dominated hand AND there's a 3rd player in who will have odds to call if the solid player calls ....nah

Are you used to squeeze plays in tourneys or something?

EDIT: I missed the minraise too, but unless you have a clear read he only minraises with the lower end of his range, it's not a hand to push hard. The $2 this is costing to see the flop is worth a call though.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 AM

I wouldnt repop that pf.

your hand is going to be dominated by a lot of a tags utg pfr range, you aren't going to want to raise enough to cause both of them to fold pf, and you're deep enough that playing an oop in an inflated pot postflop is asking for trouble. Even though utg's raise is small, you should still respect the position that it came from (and the size should alert you to shenannigans with big hands some % of the time anyway)

given that you're multiway with a speculative and potentially dominated hand I'd say just call and look to hit a flop.

on the flop you have the suspicious utg raise/flop check range in there, and the tightish co coldcall and flop 2/3 bet range in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like a bad spot for a move for a few reasons:

---you're on a pure bluff with no redraws

this in and of itself isnt a terrible thing if you're in a good bluffing situation, but I think you're not.

---you haven't seen enough action to determine fold equity

utg is still on the slow side of the AA AK part of his range/line. If he's not on one those two specific hands, he's probably likely to fold even if you just call, so no effort is really needed to bluff him but he can still be lying in the weeds with a repop hand.

CO has represented a caught A here, and you should be inclined to believe him. He's tight and showed no aggression pf, but was unafraid to put a pot building bet in vs the both of you on that board. It's not always Ax or two hearts, but its one of those two hands quite a lot.

You're repping a STRONG ace there, so maybe he does pitch those two if he's inclined to believe you and looks at the remaining stacks. he may be in a tough spot there, but we don't know if he's capable of this level of thought, and he'd have to be in order for this play to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. Its an interesting spot because you might be able to use the presence of the pfr in there to feign more strength and squeeze CO off of a wider range of hands, but you risk getting lit up by utg when he's slowplaying a big hand, which IMO is a big chunk of his range. You also risk CO not being able to hand read and making the call anyway with an A or two hearts.

I guess in the end if you can make this move profitably you should probably find another table. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Alobar,
I probably would just call here with KJs pf, I'd rather squeeze with something that is going to be much easier to play post flop if you are called.

Just bet the flop. I think usually folds the same range of hands as your line and you only have to put $40 at risk instead of $120. If you had KJ of hearts your line would be better I think.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:11 PM

If this hand went limp/limp/raise you should be c-betting this flop always. I tend to treat minraises from players like limps until they have shown me otherwise, so I don't think the minraise changes the hand much. I think the best flop line is to lead out representing the ace and fold to any aggression.