Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Attention Atlanta, Georgia:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there is anything else people wanna address here about me, go for it....

[/ QUOTE ]

You going to the UGA/GT game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, football is like my life [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And I have only "watched" HALF of one college game (of course a UGA game), and not a single NFL game blah This game is later on, always last, so hopefully by then I can figure something out.

Also I wasnt being bold towards the few people that asked where I was, but I have been attacked bad in the past, also I never said for sure, and especially since I found out a few days before I was pretty sure there was noway I was making it, since obviously if I got to do anything I would go to or watch the UGA game with my friends. I guess you werent around in past years when I was around more, its just natural for me to have my guard up. Sorry.

And thanks ADS, as silly as it sounds, that did mean alot.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:40 PM

Peachy,
I'm sorry for all you are going thru- especially with your mama being sick. That is so tough. You are also doing the correct thing- it's hard but you are taking care of your mom.
It sounds like you are frustrated IRL, like me, so took offense easily at posts- like i did yesterday- and this whole week. What the guys on here do not understand, is being a female in an all guy forum can put you on tilt. SO then you ask why be here? Well, b/c usually its great fun. I had my first forum argument yesterday- which any time before, i would just laugh/joke. But these were personal assaults at ME. I got so mad and now i just have to let that go. A couple of tools on here are so w/e. Try to not take offense at whether you're a girl. I had to 'prove' my gender- and even tho i didn't feel so great, i went to the LA get together- my main motivation was that i'm gonna get sh!t if i didn't show up- and i could not have had more fun!!! ...i'm not saying that you coulda made it to this get together in Atl but try to go to the next one.
I hope you're feeling better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-ala

edit: girl, you posted while i was writing this to you- so this isn't a response to your post just now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 04:52 PM

For some reason the only response that occurs to me is:

Millions of peaches, peaches for me.

Millions of peaches, peaches for free.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peachy,
I'm sorry for all you are going thru- especially with your mama being sick. That is so tough. You are also doing the correct thing- it's hard but you are taking care of your mom.
It sounds like you are frustrated IRL, like me, so took offense easily at posts- like i did yesterday- and this whole week. What the guys on here do not understand, is being a female in an all guy forum can put you on tilt. SO then you ask why be here? Well, b/c usually its great fun. I had my first forum argument yesterday- which any time before, i would just laugh/joke. But these were personal assaults at ME. I got so mad and now i just have to let that go. A couple of tools on here are so w/e. Try to not take offense at whether you're a girl. I had to 'prove' my gender- and even tho i didn't feel so great, i went to the LA get together- my main motivation was that i'm gonna get sh!t if i didn't show up- and i could not have had more fun!!! ...i'm not saying that you coulda made it to this get together in Atl but try to go to the next one.
I hope you're feeling better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-ala

edit: girl, you posted while i was writing this to you- so this isn't a response to your post just now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i wish that was it!! Im really not too frustrated right now cause I just go day by day! My frustration comes from being attacked for years on the forum!! So I automatically defend myself, and overly so, because of how outrageously some people have come at me. Some of the newer posters wouldnt understands, but Im sure some of the ones that have been around awhile will know what Im talking about [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, there are a few people here id love to meet that I havent, but I can assure u, I wont go outta my way to be around the people who have come at me time and time again. I dont feel I have to prove myself to anyone on here. There are a handful of people on here that either know me in real life or know me fairly well, so I could care less about spending my time, going out of my way, to meet people that have never been polite. Those I do care about already know who I am and know I am not full of anything, and that is all that matters to me.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:23 PM

It's very unfortunate that any woman that posts on a poker forum will be met with a lot of skepticism. On one hand I can understand being a skeptic because a lot of people have mis-represented themselves as female in the past, but on the other hand how many of us read these forums to meet ladies? I could understand hardcore skepticism if this was a dating site, but this is a poker forum, shouldn't we be judging people based on their ability to be entertaining, interesting, or likeable in their posts?

Anyway I am new to the forums like the people you described that wouldn't understand the scrutiny you have dealt with in the past. I honestly don't think that would be an issue for you though, everyone at the party was extremely nice, it was just a bunch of people hanging out and drinking having a good time from what I saw, and I was there despite the lack of photographical evidence.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very unfortunate that any woman that posts on a poker forum will be met with a lot of skepticism. On one hand I can understand being a skeptic because a lot of people have mis-represented themselves as female in the past, but on the other hand how many of us read these forums to meet ladies? I could understand hardcore skepticism if this was a dating site, but this is a poker forum, shouldn't we be judging people based on their ability to be entertaining, interesting, or likeable in their posts?

Anyway I am new to the forums like the people you described that wouldn't understand the scrutiny you have dealt with in the past. I honestly don't think that would be an issue for you though, everyone at the party was extremely nice, it was just a bunch of people hanging out and drinking having a good time from what I saw, and I was there despite the lack of photographical evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

Just goes to show how clueless a lot of guys on internet forums can be. Way to chase away the ladies.

Seriously tho, I agree with the sentiment that this should be a meritocracy, where personality and smarts are the keys.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, this picture is freaking me the hell out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Phenomenal, imo.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:35 AM

I forgot to post this.

http://emory.facebook.com/video/vide...v=506292354228

Hopefully it works for everyone out there, I made the privacy settings as open as possible, but I think you still need a fb account to see it. Nothing too entertaining, but it's the only video that I managed to take.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 PM

FFK (all),

Sorry I couldn't make it. Was looking forward to meeting you guys. I've been out of pocket the past few days at hospice with a passing grandmother. I hope there will be another meet in the future! Also, FFK = hotness!(All due respect to Chair)

Aladare,
[ QUOTE ]
especially with your mama being sick

[/ QUOTE ]

You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. Sounds like you need to ditch LA and come "home" to the south.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, FFK = hotness!(All due respect to Chair)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chair knows it. He conceals his jealously well; it manifests itself only in moments of sneering triumph.

Also, pls do not make unwise invitations.