Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: The Office: 10/04/07

i've hated michael's social retardation since season 1 because it's always been ridiculously overblown beyond belief, but i put up with it because the rest of the show is so great. now it's getting to be too much. i thought they couldn't top how bad it was in the phyllis' wedding ep, but they're trying their best it seems.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Enjoyed the ep quite a bit until Michael drove the car into the lake. That was over the top even for his completely ruined character.

"Personally, I think they can both do better."
Old 10-05-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also another ep where Michael is just a little too over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this is the major problem now that and its just sort of b/c they spend too much time focusing on him

I really didnt get the end lawyer scene and ti seemed not the best to me, but somewhat surprised by everyone hating the lake scene.

[/ QUOTE ]
The lake scene was good, although obviously near or slightly beyond the realm of plausability. Dwight and Michael walking back in to the lawyer's office soaking wet though was silly and gimmicky. Enjoyed the episode though.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 AM

My heart soars with the eagles nest.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 AM

"i know people who would do v similar stuff to that and would prob drive there car a little bit into the lake before stopping."

I'm pretty confident that you don't unless you've got honest to goodness retards in your family, and they probably aren't allowed to drive.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"i know people who would do v similar stuff to that and would prob drive there car a little bit into the lake before stopping."

I'm pretty confident that you don't unless you've got honest to goodness retards in your family, and they probably aren't allowed to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Would it have been so hard for the writers to have made it so that Michael would have had to drive through some brush or thick bushes? Have Dwight be like "No Michael, the lake is definitely behind these bushes!" Driving into a lake clearly right in front of him was just a bit too much.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 AM

At the second (and deepest) level of Michael's brain, I'm pretty sure he knew he was driving into the lake. He wanted to drive into the lake to prove his point about the dangers/stupidity of computers. When I looked at it like this I didn't mind that the scene was so implausible. I did mind that it was still relatively unfunny.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the second (and deepest) level of Michael's brain, I'm pretty sure he knew he was driving into the lake. He wanted to drive into the lake to prove his point about the dangers/stupidity of computers. When I looked at it like this I didn't mind that the scene was so implausible. I did mind that it was still relatively unfunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that would be funny.

The problem is that they've built Michael into a person who would almost plausibly drive into a lake NOT in a "I am making a point" way.

It's kinda like how there's so much leveling on 2p2, but also so many retards, that you really can't tell if some violently stupid post is really stupid or not. I can't given the writers credit for being subtle with Michael, because they kinda ruined that in the past. (which is weird, because almost everybody else is written with a good degree of finesse)
Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moderately poorly worded. But there are def people who will take the turn b/c the machine said so even though you see the lake is clearly there. I mean like they would stop sometime before actually drowning the car in the lake like michael but there are def alot of people who will make that turn onto the four foot ramp into the lake.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 PM

So many great great scenes

"Pam is the office mattress"

The Phyllis comment when she walks in and is like "Oh, sorry," "Well, we're just eating." "I couldn't see your hands."

And the BEST in my opinion

Angela: "I heard a joke today"

Dwight: "Haha, that's funny."

Angela: "Yeah, i laughed."

And that was it. Gawd I was roffling after that scene