Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Onecall.com via PokerStars (non NeTeller thread)

Does the full value of the card need to be used for the purchase like with the travel card?

Or is it possible to buy something for part of the value of the card and save the rest for another purchase like with a regular gift card?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:21 PM

so silly question but whats the relationship between onecall and pokerstars?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:24 PM

Wow, you guys have been busy posting. Sorry for not being active today. I will take a moment to reply but then I need to pick up my 3-1/2 year old from daycare before it gets too late. I will check back here tomorrow too.

1. Yes, I would love to see a thread of which items the VIPs would like to purchase via the PokerStars.com store. I will tell all of you straight up that we don't and can't offer iPods. Apple is sticky about who they authorize and we don't see us making it on the list any time soon.

2. Yeah, I was slow playing the pocket aces. I was new to that particular table (I hate new tables as my strong suit happens when I can find out how much betting each player can take) and milked about 10% of my pot per bet and a few of the players gave up quite a bit just to get to the river and then folded. Obviously the dude with the flush didn't fold.

3. I am not a pro like I would consider most of you. Sure I have played 27 hours straight at the Excalibur during CES of last year with a few Targus co-workers (only been at OneCall 6 months) and had a blast doing that. I have also played at Hooters here in Spokane from 8pm to 6am one night, but I have a lot to learn about the game. More or less, it is entertainment for me more than a way to 'make money'. $200 for 27 hours of fun . . . it was worth it. $100 for 10 hours of fun . . . also worth it. If you guys can teach me a few tricks though that would be an awful lot of fun too. But as far as ever thinking I will do it for a living . . . nah. I just really enjoy the sport. The deception is the most interesting to me, probably not the best thing to state considering my role. ;-) Don't worry, poker is a game to me, business is a relationship.

5. The relationship between OneCall and PokerStars.com . . . hmmm. Be more specific in your question. In a nutshell, we are completely seperate companies. OneCall provides a service to PokerStars.com by shipping products to their VIP players when they redeem points for products via the PokerStars Store. PokerStars pays us for the product and we drop ship it to their customers. Pretty straight forward. We also sell PokerStars Gift Certificates for distribution to their players.

6. Gift certificates can only be redeemed over the phone by going to http://www.onecall.com and calling the number in the upper right hand corner of the screen. They must be redeemed via telephone due to technical shortcomings on OneCall's site via a web interface (hopefully to be fixed before holiday season 2007). You do NOT have to redeem the entire amount of the GC in one purchase. However, the GC can't be broken up once it is initially used. It also can no longer be transferred as it is tied to a user name/phone number/address, (essentially an account) at the time it is first used. I am not familiar with the travel card.

P.S. If you start a 'OneCall Wishlist' thread please send me a link to it in this thread as well as a PM. Also, please do NOT send me customer service questions to the email address in this profile as you will get much better service via PokerStars or OneCall direcly. I am in business development and do not have access to all of the necessary databases to reply to customer service issues. ;-)

Special Note: In order to have the poker tournament at my friend's house he had to move the pool table to the garage. He didn't want to then move it back to the basement so I told him I would take it to my place. I may have lost $50 but I gained a pool table. ;-)

We'll chat tomorrow . . .

Payne
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Thank you for your response.

The travel gift certificates that can be purchased from PokerStars as I understand must be used in full. For instance if it's for $1000 one cannot use it to buy 5 $200 plane tickets on 5 different occasions.

I have no problem with using the 800 number to redeem the gift card or that it's not transferable after first use. I don't, however understand what you mean about breaking up the card.

One poster that is from Canada and deals with a different electronics company for the gift cards, posted that some household appliances are available through the Canadian company. That would be cool.

Stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, etc.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:58 PM

how's this site work
Old 01-31-2007, 12:59 PM

Transferability clarification for the OneCall GCs . . . before you make the initial call to OneCall you can give the GC number to anyone you wish (e.g. gamble it away, give it as a gift to your mom, girlfriend, wife, or even all three) but whomever calls in with a valid GC first is tied to that GC until it is completely used.

Hope that helps to clarify . . . I will be back here later this afternoon. If there is no activity on the thread then I will consider it dead and won't be checking it again unless my key contact at PokerStars sends me another link.

Again thanks for the feedback everyone!

Payne
Old 01-31-2007, 01:08 PM

Seeing as Pokerstars only offers gift certificates up to $1000, can multiple gift certificates be used at once for items that cost more than $1000?

Let's say I want a TV that is $1400. Can I use a $1000 gift certificate and two $200 gift certificates to pay for it?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM

Yes people use multiple GCs all the time. We had one player call in with over a dozen of them to redeem a couple of weeks ago--mostly $1,000 GCs. (Yeah, he had a nice setup when he was done.)

Payne
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 PM

I guess u don't ship outside US , its that right? I wanted to use the GC from Stars at your shop.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 PM

David, do the OneCall gift certificates available through PokerStars ever expire? Thanks.