Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 AM

Default PLO 200r Tournament Question

I don't know if this is the right forum for this tournament question, but I don't know if I will get answers in the Tournament section. So moderators, if it's not the right forum please move this thread to where it belongs.

Blinds are 200/400 after the rebuy period (currently 8 players on the table)

Hero (MP) with about 7.5k in Chips
villain1 (CO) with about 8-9k Chips (shortly at the table, so I have no reads on him)
villain2 (BB) with about 20k Chips (LAG and pushes people around the table with his big stack, lost a big Pot right before so he had over 30k a few hands before)

Pre-Flop: all fold to hero with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Hero limps in, Villain 1 limps and Villain2 raises Pot, Hero does what ?

Viallain 2 raised very much Preflop but had always a little bit of a hand, most of them double-suited or higher pair hands like QQxx.

Villain1 could call that with any reasonable hand for araound 5k more in this big pot, so he couldn't really fold this if he had a hand. And my read said, that the laggy Villain2 calls in any case.

Any thoughts on this ?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: PLO 200r Tournament Question

this is maybe gonna sound nitty but its the way i play PLO tournaments - when i get to an M of around 10 as you are, then i will only enter a hand with a limp, with the intention of reraising AI. its a kind of Slotboom/harrington hybrid, but your stack dissapears pretty quickly if you start limping, missing and folding with KK-TTxx type hands thats why i honestly think you are better off open folding with this hand if you are going to fold to a PFR