FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

Get a grip, Gelford.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM

. [x]Hero beats nothing but calls cause he's like "OMGOSH THAT BITCH MINRAISED ME IM NOT GONNA LET YOUR GAY PLAY MAKE ME FOLD I DONT CARE WTF YOUR CARDS ARE IM JUST NOT FOLDING BECAUSE MY EGO WONT LET ME. MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $60.80
BB: $44.38
Hero (UTG): $32.30
MP: $25.00
CO: $76.39
BTN: $23.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.75</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.80</font>, SB calls $2.80

Turn: ($9.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($33.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.25</font>, Hero calls $10.25

Pot Size: $53.85 ($2.69 Rake)

SB had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pairs, Kings and Jacks) and WON (+$24.36)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Jacks) and LOST (-$26.80)

[x] Hero maximises EV, but we all known sklanksy bank is stuck in some sub-hand crisis similar to the US housing market right... and wont pay [censored].

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $15.83
BB: $25.57
UTG: $32.52
MP: $24.65
Hero (CO): $33.11
BTN: $40.73

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $2.20

Flop: ($6.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($14.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

River: ($24.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets all-in for $12.65</font>, Hero calls $12.65

Pot Size: $49.65 ($2.48 Rake)

MP had 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Fours full of Twos) and WON (+$22.52)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Twos full of Aces) and LOST (-$24.65)

[x]Whatever
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $23.50
BB: $13.54
UTG: $17.80
Hero (CO): $24.05
BTN: $22.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($2.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, BTN folds, BB calls $5.00, UTG folds

Turn: ($14.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.60</font>, BB calls all-in for $8.04
Uncalled bet of $0.56 returned to Hero

River: ($30.18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $30.18 ($2 Rake)

BB had 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a straight Four to Eight) and WON (+$14.64)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$13.54)

[x]Hero gets C/r twice and folds his solid draw.
[x]Hero stacks the same villan a few hands later

SB: $19.91
BB: $25.00
UTG: $20.47
Hero (MP): $31.10
CO: $26.87
BTN: $27.07

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($8.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $15.91</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $28.66

[x]Knew he had QJ ldo.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $51.34
BB: $3.60
UTG: $34.00
Hero (CO): $30.99
BTN: $29.34

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00

Turn: ($6.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.75</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $4.75 returned to BTN

Pot Size: $14.35

Remind me not to 6 table, i play like an ass
Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a grip, Gelford.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ... yeah ... I know ... hehe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have also stopped looking at winrates and pokerev stuff and my cashier and I am now focusing on making sure I don't screw up by doing hardcore session reviews after each session and making sure I am learning from my mistakes. When I started doing session reviews back in May I was averaging about 30% losses due to mistakes on losing hands and losing about 20% of value on my winning hands due to mistakes. Thats now down to only losing 20% or less to mistakes on losing hands and maybe missing at the most 10% of value of value. Huge improvement and my game shows it too.

Plus I am thinking so much deeper when I play and analyze my hands it scares me sometimes. I constantly feel like I am over thinking and it sometimes becomes a mindtrip. Just wish I knew the right balance for the opponents I am playing but at NL10 there are the ones who only play their cards then you got the ones who put you on a hand then you got the ones who try and think what you think. Takes a little bit to figure out the last two. I just default to the I got this, I think they got this, and my hand looks like this to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Session reviews are definitely a spot where I am not helping myself as much as I should be. I just never seem to be able to take the time to review the sessions that I play, which would help tremendously, because even as I am running well, I have no doubt that I am missing value or donking off chips with loose calls.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Gelford, you saved my day. I started to feel a bit uncomfortable.

[ QUOTE ]
I have done this before and had the conversation with others as well. I believe that it is typically one's inability to adapt, use good table selection, and play with patience that causes this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check, check and check.
Although I assume these habits would make their way to the next stake as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, they do...that's the whole point. Pretty soon you have someone playing 200NL that couldn't beat 25NL, wondering why they have to keep re-depositing, and typically blaming it on variance.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not not gonna try to fake it and I'm not the one to blame, no there's no one home, in my house of pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody knows their Faster Pussycat.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:10 PM

KWD,

I'm sorry you disagree with my advice.

I think it all depends on your goals and what you are looking to get out of poker. If you are looking to be really awesome at poker, being able to beat tougher and tougher opponents, and to play higher limits as fast as you can, then I guess 20-30BI bankroll is fine, and the plan to move up as soon as you have that is great and all.

After re-reading the question the poster asked, then yes, I agree, your advice might be a bit more fitting, since he wants to be a "huge baller playing 10/20."

However, too often you see 50NL players and 25NL players move up, break even and/or lose a bit, and be forced to move back down. I think you avoid this if you are really good at the limit you are playing. If you are making 2 PTBB/100 at 25NL, when you move up to 50NL, I doubt your winrate is going to be higher than that. And your varience will go up. It's kind of depressing. However, if you are fine with moving up and down and up and down until you have 20-30BIs for the next level, more power to ya, go for it.

I also think that my view on this is skewed, because this is my sole source of income. If I decide to move up and go "Hey, if I break even, I break even, but at least I'll be playing within my bankroll!!", I would be forced to quit and find a job, [censored] that.

I think this was reflected 2 pages ago when Gelford, AMA and someone else all stated that they are going back to regular jobs, because being a "Pro" was too stressful. If you are a recreational player, playing a bit every night, then yeah, obv. move up when your bankroll can dictate it.

But moving up just cuz you have 20 BI for the next level, unless you are absolutely owning your current level, when poker is your only source of income, is pretty lol.

Yes, I see that guy who originally asked the question didn't say anything about relying on poker money, so I retract my advice. Move up asap.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:19 PM

I will defend KimoWD here ... There is a difference between 25NL and 100NL, 25NL is weak and passive ... 100NL (random stake used as example) but at 100NL they might still be weak, but they stop being passive

Most will stuggle when they move up and wasting time perfecting your winrate against passive players is ... well a waste of time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will defend KimoWD here ... There is a difference between 25NL and 100NL, 25NL is weak and passive ... 100NL (random stake used as example) but at 100NL they might still be weak, but they stop being passive

Most will stuggle when they move up and wasting time perfecting your winrate against passive players is ... well a waste of time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is as easy as that. If you can't beat the passive players then there's a huge chance that you are beating the aggressive players just because your style happens to work against them. In other words you don't really know why you beat them (or you are delusional about your knowledge of this.)

So once you run into players that are capable of counter-exploiting your exploiting of aggressive players you are SOL. And it will be expensive, too.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:35 PM

True,

NL$50 players are ALOT more aggro than NL$25 - So you face decisions where they'll raise your ass ont he flop when your have TPTK.

On NL$25, they normally just call with TPGK

Thats why pokers sick.

if you run good, you get to fly up stakes full of confidence and a big BR in no time. Then you settle at NL$400, you may suck and be a loser but eventuallyy ou learn to beat them as you adapt.

For others, they run bad and it takes ages. Then they lack confidence since their wirnate is 1PTBB over 40K and they dont move up fast.

Pokers sick on just about every level [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread