Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

Ok guys, help me set a realistic goal for myself.

Currently, I have $1438.25 in my Stars account and play 25nl. I plan on moving up to 50nl when i have enough confidence to play that level, as well as have put in about 10k more hands at least of 25nl( after being ona break)and $1500 at least ( 30 buy ins) I can play a total of 3 hours per day. Eventually i want to be a huge baller playing $10/$20 NL.

I think goal setting is very imnportant. Jim Carrey wrote himself a check for 1 million dollars when he was starting out in comedy, and eventually he got there.Where should i aim first? Please give me some suggestions,rough guideline with the date expected to be at that level in monetary sums. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 PM

how many tbls are u comfortable with?

and winrate?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:23 PM

4, about 10 BB/100.
edit: bb/100 is skewed because i sometimes leave the table immideately therefore losing data. I will not do this anymore when starting the challenge. Also, how do you creat a new database?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 PM

i went from 400 to 1438 playing 25nl in a short amount of time so i know i can beat those levels pretty easily and for a decent winrate. Nitty tables tilt me.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 PM

i imagine if youre beating it that well youll get 1500 by the end of the weekend
Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 PM

i will. Micro Donk, what are your goals? ( assuming you have some)
Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 PM

i dont have any set goals cause im not good at keeping them. my only goal is: get my BR up
Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys, help me set a realistic goal for myself.

Currently, I have $1438.25 in my Stars account and play 25nl. I plan on moving up to 50nl when i have enough confidence to play that level, as well as have put in about 10k more hands at least of 25nl( after being ona break)and $1500 at least ( 30 buy ins) I can play a total of 3 hours per day. Eventually i want to be a huge baller playing $10/$20 NL.

I think goal setting is very imnportant. Jim Carrey wrote himself a check for 1 million dollars when he was starting out in comedy, and eventually he got there.Where should i aim first? Please give me some suggestions,rough guideline with the date expected to be at that level in monetary sums. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think serious long term goals are something you cant really go for at this level. Trying to quantify them will just be difficult and most likely incorrect.

I would suggest a few things. When it comes to moving up I think everybody here wants to do it. But you dont know what will end up being more profitable for you...in the end you may hit 3/6 and find its insanely profitable and you see no need to move up any higher and so on.

I would set goals to moving up to nl50 like you have. A target win rate and a target bankroll. And everytime I hit a new level I would reevaluate those two things for the next time I plan on moving up.

I know exactly when I am moving up to nl100 and I have a decent idea of when that will be. At this point though...I have no idea when I will hit nl200. I dont even know what kind of bankroll I will want.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 PM

whyzze, thanks for your reply. I think i should make Limit goals like you say. Perhaps that will have the same effect as say, writin myself a check for 50 grand will. They may both create motivation.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whyzze, thanks for your reply. I think i should make Limit goals like you say. Perhaps that will have the same effect as say, writin myself a check for 50 grand will. They may both create motivation.

[/ QUOTE ]

well ya a goal like 50k is awesome. Im just think putting dates with it isn't a good idea.
Closed Thread