Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Two more Stud HORSE hands $30/$60

Lest I suffer Andy B's wrath, the first hand provides important context for the second. Both villains are absolute LAG maniacs.

In the first hand, it's an easy raise on 4th since villain will almost 100% 3-bet. I decided to cap it since it was in fact the full bet and it wouldn't necessarily slow down the LAG, was that the right play?

In the second hand, even though they're both idiots, this isn't HE; they can see I have the TT. I decided I had to fold; if a T wasn't dead, do I have to peel since they're both maniacs to the extent of the 1st hand or is it still a fold?

7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.83 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___double-bets___raises___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises

5th Street - (10.42 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (12.42 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (14.42 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (16.42 BB - $985)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $985 | Rake $1

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

Seat 5: [Kc 8c 9s 9h 8h 6h 7h] - two pair, Nines and Eights

</font>

7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (6.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.75 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___folds

-ChipsAhoya
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Two more Stud HORSE hands $30/$60

1st hand i can't find much wrong, second hand I would not have raised with a low pair and small kicker, but i would have called, and would have folded on fourth when I did not trip up, but yes I would fold on fifth because even up against two large pairs you are a small dog.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM

Grab yourself a bucket and follow Seat 5 wherever he goes.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 AM

First hand is good. If the other guy will give you that kind of action, let him.

Second hand I think I play it the same. Obviously, you're a lot more concerned about seat 4 than seat 5. You're going to be drawing slim a goodly chunk of the time. Even if seat 4 only has Kings and seat 5 is kidding himself, it's not like you're a prohibitive favorite. I think it's time to head for the hills.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:38 PM

Andy are you saying you would play it the same as he did for the second hand? I'm only asking because I'm not sure, at the end you say would head for the hills, but do not reference which street?

I can understand the logic in raising hoping to get the hand heads up against this crazy bastard, as opposed to just calling and getting good implied odds to catch perfect on fourth if cards are live (which i do wonder what the other five people had to properly say if you should have called at all on third) but either way the reraise from the K on fourth street tells you to go.

Each dollar committed after that I would say was a mistake.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand I think I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]We should call 4th even though our hand did not really improve (a two gapper really isn't worth very much)? I think I would want a spade, an ace, or something better to continue.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Andy are you saying you would play it the same as he did for the second hand? I'm only asking because I'm not sure, at the end you say would head for the hills, but do not reference which street?

I can understand the logic in raising hoping to get the hand heads up against this crazy bastard, as opposed to just calling and getting good implied odds to catch perfect on fourth if cards are live (which i do wonder what the other five people had to properly say if you should have called at all on third) but either way the reraise from the K on fourth street tells you to go.

Each dollar committed after that I would say was a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

The re-raise from the K was on 3rd, not fourth, and his range is MUCH wider than KK, remember, both these people suck. Even if he does have KK, my small pair with straight flush kicker isn't in that bad shape.

My play on third is automatic. Of course you open raise 3-handed w/ (86s)8.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 AM

Given Chips' characterization of opponent, it is fairly likely that we have the best hand. Even if he shows us a King in the hole, I don't think you can throw away a pair getting 8.5:1 with your call closing the action.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:26 AM

I'm saying that I would fold to the three-bet on fifth street in the second hand.