Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 AM

Default J6c 3/6 LHE game OTB

Hi - Live 3/6 LHE with 10 players, blind 3,2,2. I have been playing very tight as described in the other thread. Most often I fold the SB and BTN for an extra $1 chip.

I am on the button and post my $2 blind. I have J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and after 3 players have limped I toss in the $1 chip. SB does the same and BB checks.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players, 5 sb)

Checked to MP player that bets and everyone calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players, 5.5 bb)

Checked to me and I bet, SB, MP and LP call.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players, 9.5 bb)

SB bets, folded to me and I call.

So, was this the correct way to play the hand?

First, let's look at the preflop play. For $1 I assume that everyone completes the button blind?

Second, flop I have a jack high flush draw that will lose 50% when I make my flush but that means that I will win 50% so calling is correct? Agree?

Third, on the flop I made my flush and given that if I bet I will be called by someone that either has me beat or has a draw to beat me. There are about 11 cards to come on the river where I will lose if I am ahead.

I think that I have to find a bet here.

Now the river is an easy call, correct? Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. That is poker.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: J6c 3/6 LHE game OTB

First off, I think I complete OTB with ATC, especially with limpers. You're getting a bazillion to one and they're all passive. I think this is probably a big leak for you (I think it's probably huge, especially if you do it frequenly.)

How many callers to you on the flop? I probably go ahead and raise it there. The pot is largish, and they're loose and will call with anything.

Not raising the river is terribe. How do you think that your J-high flush is good only half the time? Don't forget your J might be an out as well with your considerations for a flop raise.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:21 AM

With that structure you should be completing with any two suited cards pretty much every time. If the game is loose (as I presume it is), you can expand that to any two connecting cards as well, with the possible exception of the lower range like 32o, 53o, etc.

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers (50/50 when you make your flush? 11 cards that beat you on the river?), but you absolutely need to be calling on the flop. I'm hesitant to make a value raise on the flop, given that the board is paired & it appears that more than half the field acts after you do; however, if your opponents have been apt to call multiple flop bets with weak hands/draws, a raise is probably better.

If you ever consider not betting that turn, slap yourself repeatedly.

Assuming that your opponents in general (and the SB in particular) are the kind of loose, straightforward players which typically populate these B&M stakes, yes the river is a call. Given the strength of your hand, the lack of action on prior streets, and the size of the pot, the only other action you should be considering would be a river raise.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second, flop I have a jack high flush draw that will lose 50% when I make my flush but that means that I will win 50% so calling is correct? Agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't get it. How do you lose 50% of the time when you get there?

I would have raised the flop. Not raising the river is...

wait for it...

Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM

the price is too cheap to not complete those blinds for one more chip.

given your investment, the odds you are getting and your implied odds you should only consider folding the worst of the worst unsuited hands(23o, 42o, maybe 34o). all suited hands are a call. your tight play is not optimal.

i might play all of them on the button. not recommending it for you if you aren't comfortable doing it, but i'm just sayin'...

flop is okay, gotta bet the turn. i would think the river might be close to a raise. we haven't done anything extraordinary yet except bet the turn when it was checked to us.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:19 AM

I have never folded a single hand for one chip in a two-chip, three-chip structure. That there is extra blind money in the pot is all the more reason to complete with one chip.

OP, note that this doesn't commit you to calling if you complete the button and the SB or BB raises, or if you complete the SB and the BB raises.

-McGee
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM

I havenīt looked at the replies yet but this is wat I do..

Preflop is good.

On the flop I allways raise for a freecard.

I raise de river.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 AM

raise the river. everything else is good.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I allways raise because I have a massive equity edge with 6 people in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, euro
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I allways raise because I have a massive equity edge with 6 people in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, euro

[/ QUOTE ]

just call and let everyone in with their silly hands. That's better than getting HU with trips. Your equity edge can only be realized when everyone puts their dollars in. Like, you can't say "well it's a 6 way pot and I will win more than 1/6th of the time, so FEUER FREI, because when it ends up 3 ways in this spot instead of 5 ways, you just cost yourself a bunch of money.