Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Controversy with Sheets?!?!

I guess UTG goes all in but doesn't do anything with his chips. Than Sheets annnounces all in from the SB with T3o trying to make a move on the BB. He is outchipped by the UTG and the UTG flips up KQo and it holds. Out 22nd.

To make it that far in anevent like this and have it end that way must be very frustrating. Do people here think you must move your stack in the middle to have your bet valid. I know verbal bets are binding and by saying all in is all that is needed, but maybe after you declare it you must have to make an effort to move your chips even a couple of inches to represent it? Thoughts.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Controversy with Sheets?!?!

woo! i did this at turning stone, and felt like an idiot.. now atleast i know i'm not the only one.

and if the dealer doesnt get the allin guyys chips in there, i think he has to make it clear to sheets what the action is.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:04 PM

I agree actually. Someone shouldnt say allin, have 6 people fold and yet their chips are still sitting there in their stack. Their chips should be placed in the middle of the table before anyone else acts. Whether this is a rule or not I don't know, but it seems absurd to me that someone can just say allin and just sit there without making a move while the rest of the table acts.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:07 PM

I wonder if dealer "announced all in". It is ultimately the responsibility of the player to follow the action, but as a dealer you need also to announce it.

As of right now, it is not a rule to have to actually push your chips into the middle. Your verbal bet is binding and to "quicken up the game" they allow for your stack to be in front of you till after the board cards come out and then match up what is owed from one player to another.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:09 PM

dealer did NOT announce all-in. and sheets was in the 7 seat and could not see the UTG player, or his cards.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:10 PM

did the tournament director have anything to say about this?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:10 PM

man that's awful
Old 04-08-2006, 02:12 PM

IMO the tournament director's right.

Having said that, clearly the dealer [censored] up.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:13 PM

This is the dealer's fault. There are no way the action should have gotten to the SB without the all-in's chips out there. When people start folding, the dealer needs to take control and stop the action until the all-in is dealt with.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:16 PM

Ruled that the UTG announced all in and so he is all in. Very weak on the dealers part. Need to do your job.

I wonder if UTG poke very quietly or if sheets wasn't paying attention? Either way, tough way to exit.

Do you think an event like this will possibbly change the way an all in is handled (making an effort to move chips forward to show you are all in) or chalk it up as another guy out? I know this rule has been controversial for some time and some notable players don't care for the fact that you don't need to make any effort what so ever to declare al in. Physical tells are agreat deal in live games and watching your opponent handle his/her chips is a very big deal.