Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

Rogue

We had almost the same to eat today except for the baby carrots and low fat bread.

The excersise is the hard part I sit down all day and cant do the gym have tried a few times but after a couple of weeks its just too much of a drag. Think I need to get the golf clubs or somthing out.

Having said that I am not alone in my line of work many consultants end up putting on weight it comes with the territory I guess.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FC,

I now am imagining hordes of fat young online poker players marching in place while multi-tabling as I masturbate furiously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job on the weight loss/fitness program. I doubt it's aids. Anyway. You might start thinking now about your next goal, because the present one, which has motivated you, will pass.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:23 PM

surf,

i basically did this diet last year for 10 weeks prior to a trip and the weight fell off me........

i didn't have a cheat meal, which sucked and i did 1 hour of low intensity cardio everyday which got me in good shape but was so boring (i watched all of the alias series while doing it, like 5 seasons or something)

i lifted 3 days a week, but i followed all of this strictness with a trip to ibiza for a couple weeks and partied alot of the pounds back on. lol

i am almost the same height and weight as you and have had the exact same fluctuations......and have currently started a similiar program.....see my body for life thread.

i only want to lose 25 lbs in my 90 days, so lets wish us both the best!!

good luck and lets share what is working and what is not.
i am off to do my cardio.

later. J.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:16 AM

Hey Surf,

I've been vegetarian since late March. My protein comes from tofu and shakes (Myoplex original RTD). I've been in Las Vegas for 5 weeks and haven't worked out at all since arriving. Before I came here, I did some occasional cardio and weights but didn't really stick with a consistent schedule, due to laziness.

On March 21st I was 256. This morning I am 226. If I were more committed to workouts, no doubt I'd be a lot further ahead.

I went vegetarian not because I give a crap about fuzzy little animals, but essentially because I was addicted to fast food. I figured vegetarianism gave me a principle around which to organize my eating habits, and made it very difficult to go anywhere for fast food (though I eat at Taco Bell four to seven times a week). I get way more protein than the government RDA and haven't lost any muscle mass at all.

A nice side benefit is that I've opened up the range of foods that my palate responds to; foods I never even considered eating before, like a lot of ethnic foods.

Anyway, good luck. Maybe I'll see you around Vegas some time.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:35 PM

surf,

Dinner last night (crappy picture, I know):

Mushroom Asiago Chicken Sausage - 120 cals
1/2 Avocado - 150 cals
Grilled sweet bell pepper (SO DELICIOUS) - 50 cals
Raw tomato w/ salt/pepper - 30 cals
Corn on cob - 120 cals
1/2 tbsp country crock - 30 cals
Sparkling lime - 0 cals

Preparation was simply putting the bell pepper and sausage on the foreman, the corn in the microwave, and cutting up the avocado and tomato. About 5 minutes total.

Point is that it's very easy, simple, and quick to make a delicious and filling low-cal dinner. I went for a big run last night and was pretty hungry, otherwise I probably would have made one item less.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:41 PM

el d,

how often do you shopping for produce? This is my #1 deterrent for eating better when I cook. Lately I've just been buying an extra salad at lunch and I put in the fridge at work and have that for dinner. But that gets boring after a while.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 PM

So to do this properly I have bought a proper pair of scales with BMI, body fat and hydration monitor (after consulting the consumer reports dynasty)

So got on it tonight knew my weight anyway, but my bodyfat and hydration are a bit shocking 30.9% and 50% respectively. So according to that I am officially obese and also pretty dehydrated as recommeded for me is 60-65%, may be related to the heatwave we had in the UK as I do drink quite a bit of water, it would seem not enough not really sure how much to drink to get this back up as I know too much water is bad for you.

So need to get off my arse and do a bit more walking etc and have also bought some 15kg weights to do some a bit weight training.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:57 PM

kid,

That has always been my biggest challenge as well. I used to never grocery shop. I now stop by the store at least once a week. I also try to stop by the farmer's market every weekend to pick up a little extra fruit/vegetables, but I usually only make it there once every two or three weeks. Luckily for me, all of these things are very close to where I live.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 PM

quick update

two days ago I worked out for 45 min and then did a 50 min combo of exercise including a wall climber/bike/treadmill

yesterday I played 1 hour of raquetball so I've been keeping on track as far as exercising

on another note, my roomate just started a cycle of d-bol/t-3/clen and is already seeing results after 3 days, seriously steroids are amazing
Old 08-04-2006, 08:32 PM

So...starting August 20th or so (moving in at school) I will be trying to get in shape and eat better etc. You guys have given me a lot of good tips and I've already kind of started eating better (starting today). I can say that because this is the first time I ever had a dinner consisting of salad, green beans, and cooked carrots. And I am surprised that I feel full having only the serving size of each.

Basically I just wanted to say thanks to all you cats who posted stuff. Personally I'll be leaning toward Rogue's "diet" as it fits what I'm willing to put into it as far as effort and sacrifice.

The exercise will be tough but mostly cardio for me. I have never lifted weights and I am not sure I want to start now...

So basically thanks to you dudes.

(5'10" 200-205)