Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

FC,

I now am imagining hordes of fat young online poker players marching in place while multi-tabling.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edited to add: I also try to have an order of chicken nuggets or chicken strips w/ every meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast, lunch and dinner of champions!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:10 PM

BTW, what ever happened to BisonBison's fatty challenge? Hmm, guess I should try using the search function... nah..
Old 08-03-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give me some good examples of what to eat at each meal? [

[/ QUOTE ]

my eating goes like this

wake: egg whites + turkey bacon
4 hrs later: chicken breast plus one serving of brown rice
4 hrs later: metrx big 100 bar
4 hrs later: protein shake mixed with non-fat milk

thats pretty much it, I also eat saltine crackers with water here and there to quench any late night hunger

I don't mind the mundane nature of this diet, the one thing though is that on Sundays I allow myself a "cheat dinner"

so if I want to get chinese food, or sushi or in-n-out burger, I can sunday night knowing for the entire next week I'll be eating clean

and nice work El D, keep it up
Old 08-03-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50 lbs in 90 days and you have a bet

on August 14 I will embark on losing 50 in 90 days - and I will win

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem confident in your ability to lose weight quickly, and also willing to bet on it, i would like to bet someone that i can gain weight faster than they can lose it, there has to be some kind of odds line where a legitimate competition can take place

how much do you weigh? i am between 5'7" and 5'8" and i have never weighed more than 135 lbs in my life, i just weighed myself and i am now at 118.5 so im pretty sure it would not be easy at all for me to get to 150+, especially considering my lack of a serious appetite

i really think there can be some amount of weight loss/gain combined with a realistic line that an interesting bet can be made between my skinny ass and some fat 2+2er

is this just a pipe dream or does anyone think this could actually happen?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 PM

30 pounds in 90 days is not bad. I am 5'11" and 71 days ago I was 189.5. Today I am 160. I didn't use any fancy diet, I just spread out my meals, made healthy choices, and exercised 4-5 times a week.

A typical day for me would be:
Breakfast (7am):
Bowl of cheerios with 1% milk, with a banana

10am snack:
Apple or banana

Lunch (noon):
Turkey sandwich on low calorie wheat bread
1 serving of baby carrots

3pm snack:
Apple or banana

Dinner (7-8pm):
4oz Grilled Chicken
Serviing of white rice
and/or
Some vegetable, brocoli, corn, green beans ...

I worked out 4-5 days a week around 5-6pm. I did a 5-10 minute warmup on an elliptical, then about 25-30 minutes of weights. I was a total noob at lifting so I stuck to the machines first, rotating which muscles I worked on based on some website. Towards the end I started working in some free weights as I got more comfortable with how to use them properly. After the weights I would do 30 minutes of cardio on an elliptical.

I'm never really that hungry, as I eat pretty often. It has gotten easier and easier to eat less food as I have progressed. Once I hit my target weight (I don't even know what that is, maybe 155? or even 160) I plan to continue to eat the same way I am now, but maybe scale the gym time back to 2-3 times a week. I'd like to continue to improve my strength, but I'm not really hardcore about it.

I wish you luck with your weight loss.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:24 PM

surf,

I have never tried a diet like yours, but based on hearing from other people, most tend to get really sick of it pretty quick. I tried to make some changes that result in me eating stuff that I still really, really like, which is why it has not been tough to stick to the plan (though skipping fries and onion rings when out sucks hard). I think you might want to consider (maybe not at first if you want to lose more rapidly) more of a "eat healthier" plan than a hard-core diet like you seem to be doing.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you seem confident in your ability to lose weight quickly, and also willing to bet on it, i would like to bet someone that i can gain weight faster than they can lose it, there has to be some kind of odds line where a legitimate competition can take place

how much do you weigh? i am between 5'7" and 5'8" and i have never weighed more than 135 lbs in my life, i just weighed myself and i am now at 118.5 so im pretty sure it would not be easy at all for me to get to 150+, especially considering my lack of a serious appetite

i really think there can be some amount of weight loss/gain combined with a realistic line that an interesting bet can be made between my skinny ass and some fat 2+2er

is this just a pipe dream or does anyone think this could actually happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know a whole lot about gaining weight quickly, but I do know you can lose well over 5 pounds a week by cutting out a ton of calories and cardio. Obviously a lot of the weightloss will be muscle, how much muscle depends on your body composition.

The good news(and this relates to the OP) is you can gain back that muscle relatively quickly by readjusting your diet and lifting heavy without gaining much weight because lean muscle burns the [censored] out of fat. I know all this because I went through the entire process, although I learned later that the pace that I lost the weight wasn't the most healthy way.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:31 PM

rogue,

That sounds very similar to what I've been doing diet and exercise-wise, except that I do badass lifting and also visualize a lot of UFC/parkour training. And less cardio than you (I hatehatehate running and can't stand cardio machines), but this will change soon w/ soccer.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rogue,

That sounds very similar to what I've been doing diet and exercise-wise, except that I do badass lifting and also visualize a lot of UFC/parkour training. And less cardio than you (I hatehatehate running and can't stand cardio machines), but this will change soon w/ soccer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea my primary goal was to drop the weight, I figure I can try to gain more strength later if I want to. I do at least push myself to lifting as much weight as I can for about 3 sets of 10 reps on each machine. I saw pretty significant increases in how much I could lift in the beginning, but it has leveled out since. I imagine if I want to continue that route I'd have to pick a slightly more serious weight routine.

The cardio I don't mind too much. I just listen to my iPod and watch whatever is on the TVs at the gym and the time flies by. I have also seen a significant improvement with the cardio, I can go at a much higher intensity for longer, and I believe my resting heart rate has dropped as well. I didn't really keep very good track of anything besides my weight though.