Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 06:38 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have about 90 days to lose 20lbs. I am 6'1 240 need to get down to 220 for my health insurance otherwise they charge me and extra 100 a month. I think i need to dot his anyways but this gives me a definite goal and time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell do they determine that? That's pretty [censored] up. I'm 6'1" also, and at 220, I might even consider myself done losing weight. I mean I have a football players build, so I'm gonna be at the high end of what's healthy, but to have health insurance go up at that weight is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I agree. I am in pretty good shape for my weight even if i don't get down to 220 I am going to get my doctor to tell them to [censored] off.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Okay I'm with you guys on this. With winter in Massachusetts and no sports outside, no running outside etc. I have put on some weight. I am 5'7 and should weight 138 or so, was probably up to 150 at worst. It felt so bad, I was embarrased with myself all the time I hated the way it looked, not even in terms of how other people saw me, it just sucked looking in the mirror and seeing that I was overweight.

I basically can't stop myself from eating so my only choice is to excercise a lot. With frisbee, running on my own, biking to classes, and the addition of gymnastics and weight lifting I think soon for the first time in my life I won't look like a shrimp. I'm pretty psyched! Also diablo, haha, awesome comment "visualzing parkour stuff"
Old 02-24-2007, 05:06 PM

so Ill be in too...

as most people know me as the fat bastard of the forums

Im currently 389 down from 428 since mid December...

...my goal is 350 by June 3rd...I actually have a trip to Vegas on the line in a biggest loser style competition that runs Jan 2 to June 3...were using % of body weight for the contest to make it easier on him

Starting weights - 414.8 for GG
323.8 for my rival

Currently GG - 389
Rival - 302

so he is up by a little right now (.5%)

...my end goal is 325 by end of year and 270 and getting in decent shape by mid 2008
Old 02-26-2007, 06:36 AM

I've stopped drinking anything with sugar in it - (as i was taking in a ton of sugar fr om drinking soda, green tea, and other things) and i have been drinking diet soda, diet tea, nothing with sugar in it which has greatly reduced my daily sugar intake but it doesnt seem to be helping. is there something in sweetened diet drinks that hinders weight loss? should i just drink water/seltzer more often?

also - does having a messed up sleep schedule cause you to have more trouble losing weight?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dropped from ~195 to ~170 by mid-November, but have pretty much plateaued during the holiday season due to an injury that kept me from working out very much for a few weeks and all the holiday related eating. My goal is 150, and once I get there, I may try to push on to 140 (hey, I'm short, sue me).

I've been trying to lose weight for about 6 months, but I'm not crash dieting or drastically changing my eating habits. I've done that before, and it's always worked to get the weight off, but I just keep putting it back on. This time, I'm just trying to stick with regular exercise and slight improvements in my diet with the hope that I will be able to keep it up once I get to my goal weight. At my current rate, it may take me another full year to get where I want to be, but I'm allright with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pleased to announce that I have reached the 30 pounds lost mark as of today, though it took me about 8 months rather than 90 days. Jogging 4x per week. On my hard workout days, I do 3 miles at about an 8 min pace and then 2 more easy miles, half walking, half jogging, at about an 11-12 min pace ... treadmill, 1.5 degree incline.

We also got an elliptical machine, so I use that some days when my feet/shins are hurting for a lower impact cardio workout.

Once I get down to about 155, I think I'm going to start lifting to add some tone/muscle as well.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:59 PM

I've gained 5-6 pounds since my last post...

a week in vegas eating total crap, then moving and school and $hit I haven't had time to lift and my eating has been sporadic and bad

gotta get back on track ASAP