Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

$hit, all this talk of food is making me hungry. Time for a double-double at In-n-out, washed down with a couple of Ketel one and tonics and a lava overflow for desert. Screw you fat fcuks!

Seriously, I need to lose 15-20 lbs and will be adopting a little from evryones plan and form my own. I hope to be able to get from 178 at 5'8" (actually 7 1/2) to 160ish by March 15. Thanks, Surf for the thread and hit me up when you get a chance.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, another completely feasible option for meals are Lean Cuisines..before you laugh, consider them as an alternative for all those times that you want to eat fettucini alfredo and pizza - the food is remarkably good and even if you eat 5 lean cuisines a day, as long as you watch that you aren't getting some of the high (300+) calorie ones, you'll stay under 1500 calories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally missed this thread the first time around...and I was going in the reverse direction while you all were losing. So I'm gonna start mine at the new year. (I refuse to call it a "resolution" tho).

But yeah, Lean Cuisines are actually really good for the spacing out of meals, and if you have some timing regualtions that are difficult. For example, I do Taekwondo, and class sorta runs right thru dinnertime, and I don't want to eat after (too late). So on those nights, I'll often have a lean Cuisine and a Gatorade, kick for 2-3 hours, (and be very happy when I get smashed on one beer when we all go out after.)

Anyway, past personal experience is that a Lean Cuisine tells your mind you ate a "meal" for only 240 calories, and takes 5 min to heat up. Perfect.

Anyone wanna restart the challenge with me in January? I'm gonna train harder at TKD for my cardio, and hi-rep lift the off days, as well as aim for < 2000 cal/day and much less drinking. (I weigh 255 or so right now, and could stand to get to 210 or less eventually, but I'll aim for 225 by April.)
Old 12-27-2006, 11:45 PM

the only problem with lean cuisines is that they're LOADED with sodium. One lean cuisine = your entire daily sodium intake so you should be careful with those.

you might lost weight but what's teh point if you got a few stones you gotta pass at the end?

also hitchiker, nix the gatorade and switch to water only...you'll feel lots better
Old 12-28-2006, 12:09 AM

Yeah, I never really think about sodium - may need to cut the Diet Coke for the same reason. However, the Gatorade actually really helps a lot before/during a long practice. I drink tons of water during/after, but I need a little extra to not dehydrate completely.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:20 AM

Not hard to do: I got to 35 over 3 months (from 245 to about 210)

Breakfast: Special K cereal with milk

Lunch options: Fruit and yogurt, turkey/ham sandwich (wheat bread)

Dinner: Sensible dinner. Normally a salad with some chicken cutlets on the side (or chicken caesar salad)

For snacks: Fresh fruit

Drinks: Water, diet soda, milk, fruit juices sparingly

I also had at minimum a half hour (normally an hour) workout at the gym (cardio and/or weights) every day during that time.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 AM

I'll try it too and post pictures if I succeed.

If I fail, you'll never hear of this effort again
Old 12-28-2006, 05:30 AM

I have about 90 days to lose 20lbs. I am 6'1 240 need to get down to 220 for my health insurance otherwise they charge me and extra 100 a month. I think i need to dot his anyways but this gives me a definite goal and time.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:32 AM

I dropped from ~195 to ~170 by mid-November, but have pretty much plateaued during the holiday season due to an injury that kept me from working out very much for a few weeks and all the holiday related eating. My goal is 150, and once I get there, I may try to push on to 140 (hey, I'm short, sue me).

I've been trying to lose weight for about 6 months, but I'm not crash dieting or drastically changing my eating habits. I've done that before, and it's always worked to get the weight off, but I just keep putting it back on. This time, I'm just trying to stick with regular exercise and slight improvements in my diet with the hope that I will be able to keep it up once I get to my goal weight. At my current rate, it may take me another full year to get where I want to be, but I'm allright with that.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 90 days to lose 20lbs. I am 6'1 240 need to get down to 220 for my health insurance otherwise they charge me and extra 100 a month. I think i need to dot his anyways but this gives me a definite goal and time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell do they determine that? That's pretty [censored] up. I'm 6'1" also, and at 220, I might even consider myself done losing weight. I mean I have a football players build, so I'm gonna be at the high end of what's healthy, but to have health insurance go up at that weight is absurd.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:26 PM

For those looking for a fruit snack that tastes awesome, I recommend kiwifruit. They are less than 50 calories each, and they are packed with good stuff (more vitamin C than a same-sized orange), and taste amazing. No prep time, either. Just cut one in half and grab a spoon.

Also, grilled bell peppers, but someone already talked about those.