Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Week 13 Early Lines

Howard isn't as good as Johnson or Robertson. He might be able to play with mOliver, and would beat Morgan, but he's just a freshman so whatever.

Our secondary is terrible outside of Burnett.

Caveman can't touch TBell, who had one bad season after my roommate told him he sucked at Moondogs. We'll see which one is suiting up for the Falcons next year, because it better be one of them.

Maybe you'll give a two time Ray Guy finalist the edge in punting. How generous of you.

790. Congrats, you win. I have UGA friends with both Terry Econ degrees. I mean, come on, how proud can you be about a school who offers an Econ PhD that doesn't require DiffEq? That's an undergrad course if you're serious.

And yes, UGA is a ridiculous slacker school comparatively. Don't try and get all high and mighty.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I'm done, 3 calcs, linear algegra, abstract algebra, and 4+ stat courses. But yah, UGA is an lol slacker school right?

[/ QUOTE ] Face it, UGA's math program is subpar. The professors are decent and lecture well, but I was able to slide by with a math minor doing a crappy job on the homework and hardly studying for the tests.

And being an econ major at UGA is nothing to brag about. Zero work, 4.0, didn't learn much of anything. I studied a theoretical finance textbook on my own and learned more than I did in any of those pointless classes.

Go dawgs, btw

[/ QUOTE ]

You're cool. You should have just bought yourself a library card and learned everything. You'd have saved a few bucks that way, Senor Savant.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Way fewer hot easy girls to bang at a library compared to Athens, imo.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POTW: Ole Miss/ Miss st u48 bet 4.4u to win 4u

I'm shocked at how stale most of the vegas B&M lines are

[/ QUOTE ]

48.5 at VIP, BetOnline
Old 11-23-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try and get all high and mighty.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the guy who said...

[ QUOTE ]
That's cute. Do you get to sophomore level classes before you graduate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

Amd i'm just making the point that not everyone wants who has an inkling of ability in a technical area goes to tech. I get enough crap from people about how tech<uga for everything everywhere anytime in acadamia. I'm getting a masters here and moving for the PhD somewhere else, but its not a slack load. I have to get published two MORE times in the next 1.5 years to get my undergrad degree.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Cut this [censored] out in the SB forum
Old 11-23-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cut this [censored] out in the SB forum

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%... i get into a bit with people occasionally but i just generally just ignore the other person after a few entries (and hope they do the same for me)
Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 AM

WTF happened to Boise? I haven't been following the lines this week and now I see them at +130 or +3 at best. What happened to +5? Did Dr. Bob get on the Broncos or did the line just sharpen up?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF happened to Boise? I haven't been following the lines this week and now I see them at +130 or +3 at best. What happened to +5? Did Dr. Bob get on the Broncos or did the line just sharpen up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been steadily dropping all week. I got +4.5 on Sunday right before it went to +4.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:58 AM

last year, in boise, hawaii lost by one score to a better team than they will face this year at home.

the only danger sign i see to hawaii winning this game, at home (biggest home field advantage in the world) is the burden of history: 6 straight losses. can hawaii's seniors, themselves having made a habit of losing to boise, unburden themselves of that psychological monkey?

i have read that the boise team is being sequestered: they arrived yesterday, after logging 19 hours of travel, and, except for the celebration of thanksgiving with those family members who also made the flight, were pretty much relegated to their rooms and walk-throughs.

googling jet-lag, which direction?, i found an interesting article that discusses the various factors influencing sports related activity caused by jet lag, and how best to defray them. among other observations: quick acclimatization is best achieved through immersion in the environment; each time zone crossed requires about a day; traveling east is more difficult; crossing >two zones has a much > impact on the body's ability to function and affects man's biology in those areas most specific to athletic function, stamina and coordination than does <.

heretofore, the mustangs have allowed their players to enjoy the pleasures hawaii has to offer when playing there, the beach, tours, and the like--that is, to become acclimated to the time difference by living it. i think the coaches have made a mistake in making this a "work" trip (the players have been echoing the party line, referring to the trip in these words repeatedly). the players did not arrive early enough to overcome the time zone difference. and they have compounded the problems by making it seem like "WORK". throw in the start time of this game at 9pm eastern, and there's going to be a lot of internal boise bred clocks muttering when the game gets going.

moreover, i find it very difficult to evaluate the skill level of the wac teams this year--indeed, i have had much difficulty doing so for almost all the conferences. much of this has to do with the skill base: not to get too involved in the reasons why, among the causes for the lack of depth of talent on even the best clubs, are mandates from the NCAA about scholarships. boise and usc have both shown how uneven the talent base is, even on the best managed teams, and how seriously affected they are when they lose one player (boise's safety was out for 2 games, and they surrendered 600yds rushing). how do you get an objective view on teams that vary so significantly week to week because of just one injury? remember, the same team that hawaii, without their star qb, beat last week dialed up 60 pts and multiple overtimes on that boise club, IN idaho. AND hawaii did not have the luxury of playing nev-reno in the same time zone, nor on the usual rest (six days), nor usual time (7pm). if la. tech takes hawaii to the wall, how much of that is jet lag? traveling eastward, across SIX time zones? la-tech put up 31 on boise. how do you match this up?

all in all, a very difficult game to measure. if under 3 at game time, hawaii. certainly not for >1u.