Default Surprise, surprise..I get raised on a paired board OOP [200NL]

Party Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $204.05
CO: $151.74
BTN: $220
SB: $130.45
BB: $217.75

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $7, 2 folds

Flop: ($17) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $36</font>, Hero calls $24

Turn: ($89) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($89) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $55</font>

Villain is 22/14..only 75 hands though. Bacically, I think he is FOS or has a weak pair. I was shoving over a turnbet. How is my riverbet? Representing JJ+.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Surprise, surprise..I get raised on a paired board OOP [200NL]

I like this line if you wanna play back at him. I hate your spot on the flop because you know they're FOS so much here but most people know Yeti and you're gonna get looked up super light (which makes 3small betting 7s, AA-QQ versus tags verrrry profitable here). River betsize is pretty nice, maybe make it a little bit bigger to fold out like 66 and stuff that might be skeptical.

Also your avatar girl is really nice.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Check/call is better, you're not folding anything better by betting here. After cehcking the turn, his range is flushdraws/air and hands like 88 or 99 going for pot control. So your riv bet really sucks, since it won't ever fold the hands that went for pot control. If you think that a sig. portion of his range is air/ then c/c; if you think that a sig portion is hands better than yours but you think you can make them fold, then pot the river. No almost 2/3 potting it here IMO.

All that said, I would need some history/read to call the flop and make a play on the turn. It just needs so many things to work out for it to happen. Specifically, villain would need to fire the turn again with air or whatever, which is fairly improbable. If you wanna make a play vs a relative unknown here, the play is to 3bet/call the flop.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this line if you wanna play back at him. I hate your spot on the flop because you know they're FOS so much here but most people know Yeti and you're gonna get looked up super light (which makes 3small betting 7s, AA-QQ versus tags verrrry profitable here). River betsize is pretty nice, maybe make it a little bit bigger to fold out like 66 and stuff that might be skeptical.

Also your avatar girl is really nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

75 hands, and we don't even know the guy's a thinking player. Furthermore, even if he is a thinking player, he has no idea whether or not we are.

Why in the world are you talking yeti?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM

I hate this stuff OOP
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Whoa, for some reason I thought that this was a TAG with history. Against a relative unknown I don't like this at all.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/call is better, you're not folding anything better by betting here. After cehcking the turn, his range is flushdraws/air and hands like 88 or 99 going for pot control. So your riv bet really sucks, since it won't ever fold the hands that went for pot control. If you think that a sig. portion of his range is air/ then c/c; if you think that a sig portion is hands better than yours but you think you can make them fold, then pot the river. No almost 2/3 potting it here IMO.

All that said, I would need some history/read to call the flop and make a play on the turn. It just needs so many things to work out for it to happen. Specifically, villain would need to fire the turn again with air or whatever, which is fairly improbable. If you wanna make a play vs a relative unknown here, the play is to 3bet/call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you nailed it. Good arguments, ty.